Selling software (like DAWs and plugins)

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Is this allowed? Would it go under gear (I'm assuming so) but I didn't see any software being sold so thought I'd ask in case it's a no-no or something.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I would recommend PMing one of the mods with this question, or perhaps flagging your post to bring it to the mods' attention.

I'm not a mod, but I would think it's allowed- I'm fairly certain I've seen software sold on this board before. I know for a fact someone recently had (or still has) a copy of TSE's X50v2 for sale. At least I've yet to see anything from the mod squad explicitly stating it can't be done.

Categorically I'd put it under Gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I would recommend PMing one of the mods with this question, or perhaps flagging your post to bring it to the mods' attention.

I'm not a mod, but I would think it's allowed- I'm fairly certain I've seen software sold on this board before. I know for a fact someone recently had (or still has) a copy of TSE's X50v2 for sale. At least I've yet to see anything from the mod squad explicitly stating it can't be done.

Categorically I'd put it under Gear.

Thanks. That actually happens to be one of the things I'm selling :D

I'll dig a little deeper and try and find that one though.....

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling new software is fine, or software that still has an open or transferable activation key as allowed by the software's manufacturer.

Anything requiring illegal/gray area means to use, like cracking or key-gens, is not allowed.