SevenString Software Upgrade

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just heads up that the SevenString forum software will be upgraded with new features and other enhancements this Friday at 8 PM EST. During the upgrade, the forum may experience some downtime (we estimate around 45 minutes).

We will keep you posted in this thread on any changes or issues with the upcoming upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd been wondering who runs this place. Alex, do you have an alt or are you just not into bickering about gear on the internet?

Adieu

Reaction score
This is so much worse

How are you not checking how a forum would look on mobile devices in this day and age before committing to a software "upgrade"?

PC appearance is nearly irrelevant by now. Optimize for android.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
This is so much worse

How are you not checking how a forum would look on mobile devices in this day and age before committing to a software "upgrade"?

PC appearance is nearly irrelevant by now. Optimize for android.

I mean, "worse" and "different" arent always the same thing.

This is different. And I am not sure how I feel about having avatars above posts instead of beside them. But give it more than 10 minutes before you decide it's terrible.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Slight quirk possibly found:

Page numbers for posts on forums pages only show up in landscape mode on multiple mobile IOS browsers for me. They don't show on portrait.

Not a fan of the new set up so far.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's ok. Just another change to get used to. My main gripe is that I used the "Watched threads" page as my home page to keep track of all the conversations I'm involved in. Previously, once something was read, it disappeared from the menu. Now the thread title is merely unbolded.

Maybe I just need to navigate a little bit more to find the correct setting to remove my read threads from the list.

laxu

Reaction score
iPad layout seems kinda broken. The useless Latest posts takes a lot of space and shrinks the thread titles to unusably small on my iPad Pro.

Latest posts