Share your workout

• Thread starter BusinessMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Been pretty consistent with Legs/Push/Pull for the last couple years and it's probably been the best thing for me. All workouts start with a heavy compound, then usually 2-3 isolation exercises per body part with higher reps. Example:

Barbell Squats - work up to heavy set of 3-5 (somewhere in the 455-475lbs range)
Romanian Deadlifts - 3x8 with moderate weight, but focus on slowing the eccentric
Leg Extensions - Pyramids of 20/15/10 with increasing weight
Leg Curls - Same as extensions
Calf Raises - "Myosets", which are an initial set of 20, rest 10 seconds, do 5 reps, rest 10 seconds, do 5 reps, repeat until failure

Then I'll throw in some adductors most days to build leg width. My Push and Pull days are essentially the same setup. Heavy weight to target the general area, then accessory work to fill the individual muscles up. I've also been adding an arm day with some secondary shoulder work once a week as well. Current goal is to push up to about 215 bw while not being a fat shit. I'm currently around 197 and approx. 12% BF.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Finished a half marathon on Saturday, 2h22m - not bad for half of the route being wet, heavily rooted trail and 9 weeks of training.
I'll keep going on the longish run training; planning to do a 12K on NYE and sign up for another half marathon in January. Rough goal is to build up to 25 - 30 miles per week doing a half marathon+ (not necessarily a paid event) per week this coming year in hopes of doing an ultra Ragnar.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Finished a half marathon on Saturday, 2h22m - not bad for half of the route being wet, heavily rooted trail and 9 weeks of training.
I'll keep going on the longish run training; planning to do a 12K on NYE and sign up for another half marathon in January. Rough goal is to build up to 25 - 30 miles per week doing a half marathon+ (not necessarily a paid event) per week this coming year in hopes of doing an ultra Ragnar.
Dang man, nice work.

Are you the guy that runs bare footed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I got 10 miler done in 100 minutes today (10 min/mi), Now, I just need to get up hills a bit better (my return route for most of my longer runs has about 1 mile of ascent in 0.25 mile chunks that are fairly steep).

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
IDK what the eff got into me but I just signed up for a 36 mile MTB event. Mostly I'm NGMI all the way due to time and I'm not as trained up as I can be or will be in 4 weeks but the fee goes towards local trails, etc. so wtf. I'll be on the short bus to the finish line.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Well I got some of these to mix up the pushup routine.......there's a learning curve FYI. Yoga ball for feet mixed with these is too much, so went with a fixed step stool for an anchor point.

Next once I feel good about these i'll move to a hard surface, these things roll very easy, even on regular carpet but like teflon on hard surfaces,

1704806643934.png

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to hit the gym 5 days a week starting this week. 3 days down. 2 more to go.

I used to be a gym rat 6 days a week, but after covid, I got out of my routine and whewwww..... it's been tough to get back in to it full time since.

I finally had that moment where I looked at myself and was like...dude... you are getting fat.
time to get back to it for real 💪

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I did a combo at home workout Friday morning, pushups/pullups/shrugs and flyes. 300 cals in less than 30 mins, I was a huffin'.
Ran 4.22 miles yesterday.
Wa supposed to do that 36 mile MTB ride but I just never got the seat time to prep for it (this would be called also Saturdays) with my other rider buddies and I had some other Sat stuff I had to do. Forfeited, the fees went to a good cause in the local county MTB trail org. I'm good with this but it sure would have been a more fun Saturday going total Br00tz on the pulmonary system.

Speakina....what PED is it that just makes someone extra walking-around vascular? I worked witih a guy for a bit who totally tansformed his comp to being fat to fit but had since always had abnormally veinous arms. Like not zero body fat veins that bulge, just popped veins all day.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I missed my morning workout since I was on a call with another studio branch on the other side of the world early this morning, so I went at night.

The night workout felt pretty good. The gym was busy, but there are so many racks that I didn't have any issues at all getting in and out when I needed on one. I think I may make the switch and keep this timeframe. See how it goes anyway until I get super busy again.

soliloquy

Reaction score
So at New Years Eve, i hurt myself skating. Landed hard on my tail bone, so bending/lifting is a no-go for me.
as such, i've been going to the gym consistently for 3-4 times a week, but just doing cardio.

I, sadly, suffer from 'skinny fat' so I either need to put on more muscle, or lose fat.

I struggle to eat the amount of calories I need to gain muscle...so....hard gainer I guess?

regardless, cardio is going well. Each day i'm pushing myself further, trying new things, new speeds, and things. It is greatly helping with my stamina, but i'm growing impatient as I genuinely do love lifting weights.

another perk: more time to listen to metal!

Gym was my 'iron temple' before Covid. I quit gym and then then just recently joined gym in December of 2023.

and though its been a short time, i can already notice the difference in my mental health. Gym is my happy place

jaxadam

Reaction score
IMG-9435.png

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I have kept up on strength training for the most part. Local gym franchise I went to closed up with a 72 hour notice so my flow needs to be adjusted to another gym.
Anyway.....mountain biking for me anyway, is a super intense intervallic cardio endeavor and I haven't been hitting the trail hard for the last 3 months, thus I'm out of "mountain bike" shape as expected from last weekend's 9.5 miler retvrn.
I now have some goals, my riding buddies are going on a 30 miler one-way small group ride in 6 weeks then a 25 miler event a month later. Need to keep the cardio super regular and the Bulgarian Split squats in religious rotation.
Eye of the Tiger montages will be filmed and released on PPV.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have kept up on strength training for the most part. Local gym franchise I went to closed up with a 72 hour notice so my flow needs to be adjusted to another gym.
Anyway.....mountain biking for me anyway, is a super intense intervallic cardio endeavor and I haven't been hitting the trail hard for the last 3 months, thus I'm out of "mountain bike" shape as expected from last weekend's 9.5 miler retvrn.
I now have some goals, my riding buddies are going on a 30 miler one-way small group ride in 6 weeks then a 25 miler event a month later. Need to keep the cardio super regular and the Bulgarian Split squats in religious rotation.
Eye of the Tiger montages will be filmed and released on PPV.
geeez 30! I don't think I could do 5 miles. I'm horrible at making time for cardio though.

You can do it! We believe in you!!
💪

sleewell

Reaction score
started a new program after completing the last one. its called 4 weeks of the prep which i guess gets you ready for 6 weeks of the work. its pretty nuts and i enjoy it. lots of balance related stuff with dumb bells and body weight. i dont have good balance so its good to work on. like lunges where you also shoulder press or planks where you use one hand to tap your shoulders, knees and ankles, push ups where you slide a dumbell from one side to the other in between reps, side planks. luckily my wife already had the tension bands and circle things that slide on the floor. lots of high intensity cardio stuff in between sets to get your heart going and the guy goes basically straight through with no breaks.

its a good program. very different than what i just did so its cool to be doing new stuff. sore in places i wasnt getting before and i feel like its upping my stamina.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Back in the saddle again, 15 miler mtb, 700 ft climbing so nothing to bring the girls to the yard but 2 hours of fun cardio is a win.

Decided to get some elbow and knee guard sleeves today after seeing another rider gash his elbow badly a few times and then gear up.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Joined 2nd gym since franchise gym location went tits up, a new actually local franchise opened a branch even closer than previous national franchise. Proximity means less effort to get in/out-to/from means more usage (Its science). So I joined that and will cancel my other rebound gym which is pretty nice overall but the nearest one is their smallest around and I'm not driving 15-20 min to get to one of their nice big ones. Been doing strength 5-6 days straight which is always a good thing at home and gym. New gym now has 20 full locations around here, I was actually a member at their first strip mall location 30 years ago, and 30 miles from where I live now. No discount for OGs.
30 miler MTB group ride coming up in a few Saturdays, am excite.
15 miler MTB event ride at 5K feet next month, also excite, just booked my BnB for the weekend of post-ride hookers and blow.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
finally got back to a 355lbs deadlift x1. Crunch time at work is going to set it soon. Will I get 365lbs or 375lbs before the 60-80hr weeks set in, or will this be my limit and I have to start all over in 3 months like what happens every year?
!!

we shall see!