Shoot Me Some Prayers For My Sick Doggie

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dog is gravely ill. Was fine up until 2 weeks ago. Collapsed on me about 10 days ago. Heart Problem and bad Gastroenteritis. Had him at vets this morning. Has now developed an internal bleed somewhere in his stomach or upper intestinal tract. Had him since he was 8 weeks old (pic below of his first night home). Any prayers or good wishes massively appreciated. I am broken over this.

baby charlie.jpg

oracles

Reaction score
I feel for you man, it's absolutely awful watching your pet suffer and being helpless to do anything about it. Really hoping for the best for you and your boy ❤️

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I feel for you man, it's absolutely awful watching your pet suffer and being helpless to do anything about it. Really hoping for the best for you and your boy ❤️
Thanks so much!! Helpless is the word. He won't eat for me. Have set down the best of stuff for him and he just walks away from it. Words can't describe how much that dog means to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
You’ve got everything I have coming your way man. Thoughts and prayers.

Dogs are the best things in the world.
Thanks man! I really appreciate it. He's 14 years old now so I have had him for like 1 day out of every 3 I've been on this planet...never left my side. Always though he'd live longer as I walked him 4 times a day every day. Last 10 days have been hell.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn really sorry to hear that :( Hopefully you can get him on the right meds and he pulls out of it.

We lost our 17 year old girl to stomach cancer a couple weeks back and we had her since she was 8 weeks old. It's horrible when they're sick and you can't really do anything about it besides following vets advice and hoping.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Damn really sorry to hear that :( Hopefully you can get him on the right meds and he pulls out of it.

We lost our 17 year old girl to stomach cancer a couple weeks back and we had her since she was 8 weeks old. It's horrible when they're sick and you can't really do anything about it besides following vets advice and hoping.
Thanks. So sorry to hear about your dog but hey 17 was a great innings. Just got the news that there is no hope for my wee man and he is being put to sleep this afternoon.

JSanta

Reaction score
Thanks. So sorry to hear about your dog but hey 17 was a great innings. Just got the news that there is no hope for my wee man and he is being put to sleep this afternoon.

Wishing you and your precious pup find comfort in all this. Very few things compare to losing a beloved pet, all the good vibes your way bro

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Well he passed today at 3pm. Actually got the news at 11am that he wasn't going to make it but the hard part was that we couldn't get an appointment for the euthanasia until 3pm. We went to vets and brought him home for last few hours. He was starting to go downhill badly. I carried him for last wee walk at 2pm as the strength had gone from him. Went in with him and it was all over very quickly...prob around 10 seconds. One of the hardest things I have ever done but for the best as there was no hope left. I'm in total shock as he was fine 2 weeks ago. Don't know what to do with myself. Now comes the hard part.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
much love out to you, losing pets is hard as hell. my wife and i dealt with both of our cats passing within about 8 months of each other last year, it was fucking awful. take time to grieve, it does get easier.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ugh that's heartbreaking news, I'm sorry to hear. They're such a big part of the family and it's painful when they're not well and when they pass.

IMO, you did the bet thing you could do and be with him in his last moments. Some pets (and people) don't get that comfort. It's really important you were there with him, as hard as it is. You gave your dog a good life and he knows you love him.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but it sounds like the two of you had a great life together and got to be together at the end, which is a huge deal for closure.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Well he passed today at 3pm. Actually got the news at 11am that he wasn't going to make it but the hard part was that we couldn't get an appointment for the euthanasia until 3pm. We went to vets and brought him home for last few hours. He was starting to go downhill badly. I carried him for last wee walk at 2pm as the strength had gone from him. Went in with him and it was all over very quickly...prob around 10 seconds. One of the hardest things I have ever done but for the best as there was no hope left. I'm in total shock as he was fine 2 weeks ago. Don't know what to do with myself. Now comes the hard part.

All he knows is the best of you.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Know this... your dog loved you very much and he knew that you loved him. They're not here for all our lives, but we're here for most, if not all of theirs, and I promise you, your dog cherished every moment with you. He was your dog and you were his best friend. From the sound of it, he had a great life with you, and again, he cherished it.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@Spaced Out Ace @Crungy @CTID @Mathemagician @ThePhilosopher Thanks so much guys. It means a lot to me in this most difficult time.

@odibrom Well at the start I seen his back legs starting to weaken a little. I put that down to old age...he was 14 years old. Then things went bad about 2 weeks ago. I knew he wasn't right and had minor diarrhoea a few times. The about 10 days ago he tried to get out of bed and collapsed. Rushed to vets and they diagnosed a heart problem and gastroenteritis. Kept him in overnight. He came back home and was fine for a day then things started slowly deteriorating. Very weak and not just himself so I carried him for his walks and let him down for a few mins so he could go to the toilet. He wasn't eating though so I knew there were big probs. Sunday evening the diarrhoea is back but this time it is pure black indicating an internal bleed. Took him back to Vet yesterday and they changed his stomach meds but advised a scan and blood test which was this morning. Left him in and got the call back pretty quick that he had kidney failure and severe pancreatitis...those coupled with the heart problem and his age meant he had no chance of survival. Had to wait 4 hours to get him euthanised so was able to bring him home as I didn't want him in cage at vets on his own. That was a tough 4 hours as he was in house and fell asleep beside me so I hjad to wake him out of that sleep to put him car before his final journey and that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@jaxadam @TheBlackBard Totally guys. He was spoilt beyond belief. Always said to my self with my dogs if you're gonna take them in then you devote yourself to them. He was kept indoors all the time and had 4 walks a day...every day...I believe that was a big reason that he made it to 14.5 years. The wee man never left my side and his night at the vets was his first night ever away from us. We haven't had a vacation in over 14 years because we wouldn't leave him with any one else. Even though things took a bad turn this last few weeks he still soldiered on and tried to go out on walks. Never once cried out in pain. Very proud of him.