Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ttburn

Reaction score
My setup - monitors suck (but do the job at the moment for my destroyed Adam's), and it's a mess as I live in here, but it does the job. Use Pro Tools and Revalver for the majority of recording and the rig is portable for use with my Macbook, plus there's 16 in's using the Octopre, so tend to record real drums whenever possible...

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 257

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
My setup - monitors suck (but do the job at the moment for my destroyed Adam's), and it's a mess as I live in here, but it does the job. Use Pro Tools and Revalver for the majority of recording and the rig is portable for use with my Macbook, plus there's 16 in's using the Octopre, so tend to record real drums whenever possible...

Oh God one of those old OctoPre's... :noplease:

ampoverload

Reaction score
How do you do with the lack of number pad on your keyboard?

i havent needed it so far. however i will probably get a logitech wireless keyboard that is made for windows because with the apple one the "fn" button doesnt work with windows, so i cant adjust the laptop volume or use any of the subcontrols on the f buttons. luckily though i dont really need to adjust laptop volume because i can use the tascam as a volume control.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Pry, you should definitely look into some Auralex Mo-pads to isolate your monitors from the desk. It's a small cost that will GREATLY improve the performance of your monitors, as they're now standing on wood which is a very resonant material.

I was going to, but now as you'll see, I'm in a completely different space, and can't really use the monitors at a high volume at all, nor will I be using them much for mixing while here:

DSC_0777.JPG

Brody

Reaction score
Updated pic! Picked up a new monitor and added the guit boxes to the mix.

Attachments

• photo (12).jpg
    photo (12).jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 117
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 157

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Awesome to see this thread persevering!

I've added a few things to my setup, namely an Axe-FX II, a Chandler Germanium Preamp/DI, and a pair of Ultrasone PRO900 headphones, all of which I am extremely happy with indeed! On the software side of things I recently got hold of Ozone 5, which I've been using for almost all of my mix-bus processing since, and Slate 4, which I'm mainly using for snare and kick augmentation.

wide.jpg

iMac 27" i7 processor 16GB RAM, running Logic Pro 9
RME Fireface 400
Adam S3X-V monitors
Ultrasone PRO900 headphones
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II
Audient MiCO and Chandler Germanium preamp/DIs
Darkglass Microtubes B7K bass preamp/overdrive
Radial Pro-RMP reamp box

(Oh, and I now work under the watchful eye of a vicious Portal turret)

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nice one Nolly!
What's your thoughts between the Chandler and the Mico? Ever try a Focusrite ISA that you could compare them to?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Nice one Nolly!
What's your thoughts between the Chandler and the Mico? Ever try a Focusrite ISA that you could compare them to?

They are just about as different as two pre's can get! The MiCO is extremely clean and transparent with a fast transient response, while the Chandler is very coloured/warm and quickly breaks into harmonic saturation. The "Thick" switch is monstrous on DI bass! No experience with a Focusrite ISA I'm afraid.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Thanks a lot :) As far as I know the Mico is pretty close to the ISA, but the ISA is a bit more coloured - They were my two initial options.
I was looking for ideas on a coloured pre to expand with, sounds like that Chandler may be a very good choice when budget allows, haha.