Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eastguitar

Reaction score
attachment.php

This is My Home Studio Project...

- PC Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00Ghz.
- M-Audio Delta 66 with Omni Interface.
- M-Audio AV30

Guitar Setup
- Pizarro Guitar 6 strings (Dimarzio Pickups)
- Pizarro Guitar One Cut 7 Strings (EMG Pickups)
- Line6 POD HD Pro
- Samson Servo 200
- Laney G2X12ie

My Soundcloud...Esteban Soto T.'s sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Attachments

• DSCF3792.jpg
    DSCF3792.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF3810.jpg
    DSCF3810.jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 1,209

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
I've gone through many variations of a studio throughout the years, from a 2-track reel-to-reel to a full blown studio (rented space below a venue, had a pretty amazing setup for a short while before my partner used our investor's money on drugs :ugh:). Right now I have things pared down a bit from how they were a few years back, since I'm not recording full bands anymore I don't need to have 48-56 inputs and the space to match. For examples of work, Soundcloud is in sig (waffling on whether to add my album WIPs, may just release a demo soon instead).

These 3 are from shortly after I moved it into my basement - it was getting too humid upstairs and the heat/cold was messing up my guitars action.
studio01.jpg

studio02.jpg

studio03.jpg

Here's it from a week or two ago. Bit more stuff, a little cluttered, but guitars are now on wall. Also had to censor two of the posters for the kiddies here, lol.
studio04.jpg

Gear:
  • Custom PC w/hotswap drive bay (was rackmount, but took up too much space so redid it in a tower case)
  • Macbook Pro 17"
  • RME FireFace 800
  • Soundcraft Spirit 328 32-channel 8-buss digital mixer (not hooked up)
  • BluSky ProDesk 2.1 monitors
  • Pioneer 5.1 stereo system (for testing mixes)
  • Furman/ART Power Conditioners
  • Gator Rack cases
  • BLUE, Sehnheiser, Shure mics
  • Ableton Live
  • Logic Pro
  • Waves/NI/DFH/BFD

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Took a couple pics of my bedroom studio. Ideally, I'd like a larger desk and be able to move my near fields farther from wall. I'm planning on moving by the end of the year, so I don't want fork out money on a new desk (this one is fine, but not optimal) when it will more or less become useless as I will have far more room to work with for my home studio. Regardless I'm still happy, and it's more than enough to practice my production skills. Oh, and I need a longer TRS cable for my left monitor, as I just moved my setup around completely, but I'm sick of running to the music shop for cables every 4 hours haha.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
^ Nice setup! Looks slick with the glass desks :)

Thanks man. Looks great, not the sturdiest of desks, plus I would prefer something with more surface area, since I usually have paper all over when I'm working on stuff. They way I've got it set up now is a lot more efficient than it was before.

Brody

Reaction score
Took a couple pics of my bedroom studio. Ideally, I'd like a larger desk and be able to move my near fields farther from wall. I'm planning on moving by the end of the year, so I don't want fork out money on a new desk (this one is fine, but not optimal) when it will more or less become useless as I will have far more room to work with for my home studio. Regardless I'm still happy, and it's more than enough to practice my production skills. Oh, and I need a longer TRS cable for my left monitor, as I just moved my setup around completely, but I'm sick of running to the music shop for cables every 4 hours haha.

I just got the same desk a few days ago, but I got the version that has the little platform for my monitor. Love it! The glass really does give the whole studio a very airy and modern feeling. How do you like the KRKs? I had a pair of Rokit 6's and I found them to have a bit too much focus on the lower frequencies, so I traded them in for a set of Tannoys.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Mike... thousands of dollars in recording gear, thousands of dollars in amps and stereo equipment...

cheap wal mart desk....

:p I have that same desk hahaha

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Mike... thousands of dollars in recording gear, thousands of dollars in amps and stereo equipment...

cheap wal mart desk....

:p I have that same desk hahaha

Haha, I know. Actually, got it from Staples, was probably a whopping $150. I've had it for a long time, far before I actually started getting into the recording thing. Like I said, it doesn't make sense for me financially to get a desk right now, I'll be getting my own house within the next year so I'll get a desk which will utilize the space I'll have there the best. For now, this gets the job done, since I've still got a load to learn and work at. Nothing irritates me more than when I run out of space on my desk, so I will have a big area to work at for my next one.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, I know. Actually, got it from Staples, was probably a whopping $150. I've had it for a long time, far before I actually started getting into the recording thing. Like I said, it doesn't make sense for me financially to get a desk right now, I'll be getting my own house within the next year so I'll get a desk which will utilize the space I'll have there the best. For now, this gets the job done, since I've still got a load to learn and work at. Nothing irritates me more than when I run out of space on my desk, so I will have a big area to work at for my next one.

I hear ya! These desks arent the most stable, but its not like we're dancing on them either ;)

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
I hear ya! These desks arent the most stable, but its not like we're dancing on them either ;)

Not usually, haha. The thing I fucking hate about it is trying to move it. You need to take everything off just to move it an inch, otherwise you'll pull it apart.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Not usually, haha. The thing I fucking hate about it is trying to move it. You need to take everything off just to move it an inch, otherwise you'll pull it apart.

UGH, amen to that. I have a cheap staples desk as well that I bought many years ago. It's all particle board and fake wood, and held together with those typical cheap furniture hooks and pegs. I can't even move it a tiny bit without the screws pulling apart and the particle board shredding. I had to move it a couple years ago, and it came apart so badly I needed to screw some extra screws through the top into the supporting piece, and the keyboard shelf doesn't quite work right anymore.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm hoping this one lasts me a while longer til I get a house (soon, I hope) and move out of the condo. This desk won't survive a move, so at that point I'll be coming to this thread trying to find ideas for a new desk.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
My good friend Andy produced a video tour of my studio, figured this would be a cool place to post it, hope some of you find it interesting :)

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
My good friend Andy produced a video tour of my studio, figured this would be a cool place to post it, hope some of you find it interesting :)

2 things.

Get some other crap in that room to deaden it up!

Your monitors are so far apart. That was the first thing I noticed. If you can, bring them closer inwards. You're going to be getting a distorted stereo field which is just going to make mixing harder for you.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
2 things.

Get some other crap in that room to deaden it up!

Your monitors are so far apart. That was the first thing I noticed. If you can, bring them closer inwards. You're going to be getting a distorted stereo field which is just going to make mixing harder for you.

It is a rental unfortunately so deadening the room is going to be hard, and thanks for the tip with the monitors, I will move them and see how I go :yesway:

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
You don't have to attach anything. Maybe make some cheap quick broadband absorbers and bass traps and just lean them against the wall. Maybe get a carpet.

Really whatever you can use.

Tadfuz

Chugger
Reaction score
Allright guys, heres my contibution :) nothing spectacular, as its a attic room, but it does the job, moving house in about 6 months, so shall post my new set up there!! so here is my current set up!:hbang:

Gear

Macbook 13" which is connected to a LG 15 inch monitor
M-Audio AV 30 monitors
Line 6 UX1
Microkorg-For Midi Inputing and hardware synth sounds
A old casio CTK-496, which i use for MIDI other than the microkorg, just for the extra scale :)
Audio Technics Graphic EQ!, My dad used to own it for his sound system and gave it to me, its preety rad! and looks preety swish too!
Korg Nano pad for drum inputting
Korg Kaossilator for some different analogue synth sounds

Software

Logic 9
Podfarm
Ableton(which i sometimes use for audio editing)
Guitar Pro
Max

VSTs/Plug ins

Massive
Waves
Various other free plug ins and synths

Guitars/Amps

LTD MH-50NT
Fender Strat 60th Anniversary model(complete with glam metal strap..:hbang:)
and a Schecter Demon 7, which shall be arriving soon! wee:D

My amps are preety bad tbh as i mainly use podfarm for recording, and when i get my Pod hd Pro(when i can afford it!:noway:)

Ashton GA100 head
Harley Benton 2x12 Cab

Other Various Things!

My turntable and my vinyls!!! haha

some pics here bellow! hope you guys like it!:D

nfcd0.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/dscn0487i.jpg/