Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

aawshred

Reaction score
Fucking sweet! The screen size threw me off there - wasn't until I started studying the gear that I realised how big the screen is aha - what size is it?
I want your Adams and Darkglass!
What brand is that monitor controller, I've forgotten!
Edit: Only just noticed the huge monitors either side lol! Do you like to reference on them? Just prefer them for jamming guitar? It's something I've considered myself to get closer to that real amp feel.

I believe the screen is 27 inches. And the monitor controller is by presonus, as is the interface above the axe fx!

I use the QSC monitors for listening and jamming. And once i finish a mix I'll listen to it on those to see how gnarly it sounds! haha. There's also a subwoofer under the desk that is all sorts of fun, only for listening though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
newsetup.jpg

I'm very happy now :D

Awesome Give Up The Ghost banner. I have the Verse one from Bridge Nine hanging in my studio.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Little messy, I was working on some homework.
2012-05-06%2016.38.05.jpg

I just want to point out that as cool as it looks, those monitors are not designed to be on their sides and you're going to be getting all sorts of extra issues doing that. Least of all being that the tweeters are nowhere near ear level.

rstare

Reaction score
How is the Pro 40 combo with the axe fx?

Amazing. I can't imagine doing it any other way now.

I just want to point out that as cool as it looks, those monitors are not designed to be on their sides and you're going to be getting all sorts of extra issues doing that. Least of all being that the tweeters are nowhere near ear level.

I have a super low chair, so they're actually pretty close to ear level (closer than if I have them standing up).
Other than that, does it matter if they're on their sides? If so, I guess I'll find another chair and flip 'em up. I mainly just put them on their sides because it was nice to set my laptop on.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score

Also, laptop with sensitive electronics sitting right on top of giant speaker magnets is not exactly recommended.

JacobShredder

Reaction score
^^Harddrive failure at its easiest. My friend James wiped his doing the same thing. I'm definitely gotta ask King for tips when I get my new computer stuff in next week xD

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
True. Alright, I shall do some rearrangement.

If you can, get some Auralex Mopads or similar. They have an angle forward setup so you can point them more towards your ears.

The main issue with speakers on their sides is phase coherency between the tweeter and woofer.

vinniemallet

EBMM Addicted
Reaction score
Just amazing! I'm in love with HS80, they have a lot of power and definition, the biggest problem sometimes it's about with the low frequencys, a friend of mine have M-audios and KRK's and you can work pretty better with bass, bassdrops etc with that monitors. I bought HS80 pretty much for eletronic music and metal, tried to find a pair of monitors that could work with both styles. Maybe I'll get a Yamaha subwoofer soon, not sure. The Axe-fx is an amazing unit when you can't afford a bunch of amps, and sounds killer with any monitor. I've been using live with a 6505 being power amp and it's just amazing also!

Thanks!

How are the ultra's through the HS80m's?