Shows getting canceled

tmemike

Through My Eyes
Reaction score
My band Through My Eyes was going to be playing with Villains today in the quad cities, but unfortunately due to their trailer being robed in St. Louis last night (they are accepting donations to replace their stolen gear). Has anyone had an awesome show canceled on them? If so, what was the situation?

Music | Through My Eyes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've had shows cancelled on us several times. A lot of tours skip Ottawa, but sometimes you get random one-off shows, or one or two bands will play here while passing through with a bigger tour or something. At one point, we were one of the bands that often got called to open for shows like that.

We were going to open for Scar Symmetry at one point and they couldn't get visas to come into Canada or something like that. Also, was going to open for Nevermore just before the band split. One of our guitarists is a huge Loomis fan, and was mildly crushed when the show was cancelled.

JoeyW

Reaction score
Not quite the same but my old band was going to get back together for a reunion show with our singer/best bud moving back to town after two years. We were offered two HUGE shows that would've been epic as @#!*% , but for reasons I don't care to get into we ended up declining both after asking to get on both of them. Needless to say I'm a little choked its not going to happen after everyone was initially on board but I understand the reasons for others not being down.

Other then that I've never had a sweet show cancelled, only tiny local ones last minute because of dumb reasons.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
of COURSE it was in St. Louis. That's like 5-6 bands in the 2 years getting robbed in St. Louis. Why the hell do people still play shows there? Villains, Jeff Loomis, Rivers of Nihil, Eyehategod, Felice Brothers, blessthefall and more.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
My band Through My Eyes was going to be playing with Villains today in the quad cities, but unfortunately due to their trailer being robed in St. Louis last night (they are accepting donations to replace their stolen gear). Has anyone had an awesome show canceled on them? If so, what was the situation?

Music | Through My Eyes
DUDE! I was going to go to that show, but I had to work (couldn't take off two days in a row, had to make a judgment call between this, or Misery Signals original lineup last night). Did you guys end up coming through, or was it just Villains and the local acts?

EDIT: Checked Facebook. Looks like Traitors played with a bunch of locals.