Siggery guitars

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I just got an email from Marty (after 2 weeks); he's only recently been on top of emails again as far as I know.
Here's the deal on my build:
Specced out a 7-string custom with buckeye burl top in september '12 and payed the deposit. The building time quote was 4 months (which I knew was very optimistic). In dec/jan Marty told me he couldn't find a perfect piece of buckeye burl for my build, so he send me a couple of other burled tops to choose from. As you know, I went with a crazy burled top, which should have been delivered in february. I did have some spec-changes, but nothing that could slow the build.
He got back to me yesterday telling me the top he ordered (which apparently took 3 months to arrive) for my build wasn't the right one. The company that delivers the top made a mistake. I was a bit pissed off, because I felt like being jerked around for half a year and still not having a decent top (for a build that hasn't started). So I asked Marty to be straight with me and he did. He explained the situation and send me a photo of the wrongly delivered top.
Ironically, it's a buckeye burl! :lol: So I'm satisfied with the top and my build is finally getting started :)

Moral of the story is this; Marty is a hard working guy as far as I can tell. However, his quotes do not include the time it takes to get you the perfect piece of wood, which can take a week up to 6 months. He doesn't communicate every aspect of his search for wood, but at least he is working on it. Keep that in mind if you're asking crazy/rare woods; maybe even supply the top yourself.
Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to keep you guys updated.

I guess my delay got him more time for your builds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
i emailed marty a pair of times with two different emails, but no response again....i guess his mail is malfunctioning again...

marty, if you can read this, please change your email provider :lol:

Maaaaan I'm almost at a year now and I don't even know *what* stage mine is at. For all I know my guitar could still be a living tree.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
damn I hate reading this for you guys. I backed out of my build with him... It felt a little weird to me, communication & so forth. Gave my money to Todd of TK Instruments, should have my headless fanned 8 by Christmas.

FruitCakeRonin

ss.reg orgular
Reaction score
So whats the cheapest I would be able to get a fanned fret seven string Siggery for ? Im looking to buy a new guitar and heard the prices were pretty reasonable. Just wanna know if I should even begin considering a Siggery.

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Evening gentlemen!
My build is at 7 months today and Marty just sent me a picture of the top piece we've been waiting on!
I don't know about you lot but I freakin' love it! :scream: haha :lol:

My Top.JPG

animalwithin

Reaction score
So whats the cheapest I would be able to get a fanned fret seven string Siggery for ? Im looking to buy a new guitar and heard the prices were pretty reasonable. Just wanna know if I should even begin considering a Siggery.

I fully support Marty and his prices are incredible, at least back when I ordered mine. He has always responded within a few days, and is very willing to take the time to work with you regarding specs and such. The only issue I've ran in has happened recently; last I knew of my guitar is that its stuck at pain and I can't get a reply from Marty as of late. OWHall, no clue how youre getting communication with him haha.

opeth_

Reaction score
Hi guys!

To whom is nervous with Marty´s delays, mine was supposed to be finished in April 2012, it´s April 2013 and still waiting...:wallbash:

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hi guys!

To whom is nervous with Marty´s delays, mine was supposed to be finished in April 2012, it´s April 2013 and still waiting...:wallbash:

:eek: do you have any idea why? Have you been changing specs?
@animalwithin I think I'm just lucky :lol: to be fair he emailed me that without me emailing him first so I suppose you cant count it as a 'reply', although in my experience he has always been really quick to respond anyway

opeth_

Reaction score
:eek: do you have any idea why? Have you been changing specs?
@animalwithin I think I'm just lucky :lol: to be fair he emailed me that without me emailing him first so I suppose you cant count it as a 'reply', although in my experience he has always been really quick to respond anyway

I haven´t changed any spec, I sent him an email asking about the guitar 3 months ago and he told me that was going to finish it this February. I didn´t ask him the reason about the delay cause I knew he was so busy although he apologized for getting behind with all his orders. In my case, I have to send an email to be replied but I must say that he has replied all of them.

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
I haven´t changed any spec, I sent him an email asking about the guitar 3 months ago and he told me that was going to finish it this February. I didn´t ask him the reason about the delay cause I knew he was so busy although he apologized for getting behind with all his orders. In my case, I have to send an email to be replied but I must say that he has replied all of them.

Wow, that sucks man. I hope you get it soon dude, I certainly envy your patience! :hbang:

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to say sorry to anyone on here that is still waiting and also for any lost emails. I do reply to what I get, so they are either not getting through or I may not be receiving them? I have so much traffic coming through my server everyday that I think some stuff just doesn't get through. I also want to say sorry more so for the delays and for the guitars that are outstanding still. I am working alone and struggle to keep up with everything, along with supplier problems, paint guys and router machines blowing up. I haven't forgotten anybody and try to keep things in order. My strength is more in building than all the admin side of it all. I know I get nagged by people (which is right by them) but I'd rather be behind than send out rushed and inferior guitars. So anyway, I just wanted to say sorry to you all and thanks also for your patience. :ugh:

geofreesun

Reaction score
i think my deposit was in nov 2011....anyone earlier than me? i am hoping to have the guitar 'in a few weeks'