Siggery guitars

Danny Husk

Reaction score
Do you think there are any partial builds? You'd think those guys would take something for the deposit. I don't understand his ridiculous "scorched-earth" policy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrTeatime

Reaction score
I am really sorry for you, to hear this, guys.
I know it won't help but i think everything he says is pretty much b/s
just before new year he send me this message after i asked for a quote. (it was really really cheap btw)

To answer the questions.

Binding is included in the price

Fret edges can be rolled

Price includes case

Any neck profile you like. Ibanez profile is standard unless stated that you want something different

I have done headless but am still working on designs at the moment as the design I was using is now patented and can't be used. Hope that makes sense?

No additional cost for burl

Side block binding instead of dots is not a problem and has no additional charge

I can start building pretty soon as I am finishing off some old orders at present. It would probably be with you for January

Hope this all helps?

Regards

Marty Siggery

Hand Crafted Guitars

im glad i went with another builder which im extremely hapyy with.
Anyways good luck to you all.

Holy Platypus!
That's just scam now!

simeonharris

Reaction score
in case some people didn't see the original post, there is a facebook group for people who have been affected. if you do nothing else, at least find the thread which lists everybody who has paid a deposit and leave your details. we need to try and figure out the scale of the problem and work out how to proceed. thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/813491532051643/

ikarus

Reaction score
But the price he gave me was ridiculous. 1100 pounds for a multiscale BM with kahler, buckeye burl top, swamp ash body, rosewood-ebony neck, ziricote fingerboard, binding and all that.

the quality of the guitars is accordingly. :lol:

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
in case some people didn't see the original post, there is a facebook group for people who have been affected. if you do nothing else, at least find the thread which lists everybody who has paid a deposit and leave your details. we need to try and figure out the scale of the problem and work out how to proceed. thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/813491532051643/

I joined the group.

Is the thread mentioned (bolded above) found here on SSO or are you referring to a thread somewhere else?

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
sorry - it's the thread in the facebook group.

:yesway:

I'm not a big Facebook user, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to see anything on the group page, turns out my acceptance was still pending.

I'll have to re-read my email history before I can post-up dates on the group page. I don't know the Initial Deposit/Order Dates as I'm a second-hand and third-hand build slot owner. For now I'll provide what Cost and Dates I have.

Andless

Reaction score
Yet another blow to independent guitar builders everywhere. I am so done with this crap.

While there are some good guys out there, it's just too risky for me to waste any more money (not to mention years of my life waiting). Thank goodness that some of the big manufacturers have really increased the number of options they provide so it's much easier to find something that fits your needs.

Yes. The money part sucks, of course, but the years waiting, I'd have to argue hurts the most.

I'm done with customs as well for the time being. Production guitars can satisfy my needs for quite well. Music Man / GKG and I'm set.

My only gripe with production guitars is that Leo Scala / GKG doesn't make delta wing shaped guitars any more.

demonx

Searls Guitars
Vendor
Reaction score
I'm done with customs as well ........

Yet another blow to independent guitar builders everywhere. I am so done with this crap.

While there are some good guys out there, it's just too risky for me to waste any more money

I have to agree with you. I have one left in my queue and I'm currently 50/50 on quitting after I've completed it.

Not only am I saddened for all the people who are loosing in this, but the after effect annoys and frustrates me also.

Moments like the BRJ failure (totally unforeseeable due to a several decades long linage) and several more recent guitar builders to drop off the face of the planet, is totally disheartening. People still need to have faith in the genuine battlers, the honest guys who are unfortunately effected by this also, as witnessed by Brian's comment (quote above).

Metal Daze said it well (quote above), this is also a blow for independent builders. Every time one of these builder scars their customer base, the mass of scarred buyers grows. This is NOT a good practice that is happening and in my opinion is the after effect of what I've been calling for years, the McLuthier. Builders that pop up, usually kids who have watched some youtube videos or gone to a luthiery school and do not have the financial position to back up a new business. The Mc Luthier does not explain Rico, there are always exceptions to any rule, but it explains most.

I completely understand the once bitten twice shy point of view. I really do, but not all guitars builders are out to run off with your money.

My deepest sympathies to all those caught in this situation, I do not envy your position. Good luck.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
My only gripe with production guitars is that Leo Scala / GKG doesn't make delta wing shaped guitars any more.

I wasn't sure if he/they were even in the business anymore. I haven't heard a peep from any sort of social media or websites.

RockerAlex

Reaction score
That 8-strung heresy with a kahler sounds cool!
Has anyone seen the whole thing?

...uh wow. Look at the STATE of this thread. Stumbled across it and a very interesting Facebook group after trying to get in contact with Marty to fit an Evertune to my build.

Yes, I own it. Seems I managed to get one of the better ones before it all went to shit.
Custom Built Siggery 8 String Guitar

SnowGoat

Reaction score
I can't get in touch with him about my guitar. I paid the deposit last November, and haven't heard anything since. What do I do? D:

straymond

Reaction score
Now instagram's down as well.
It's clear that he's trying to flee from this whole thing, closing accounts down, ignoring mails (even harder than before, if that's possible).

I can't understand how he gets the nerve.
when people get desperate enough, they will try to reach out to his family in order to get to him. we've seen it before, and he should really see that in the horizon.

EDIT:
seems like he's started to block individuals on instagram, not closed down the whole thing...

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Now instagram's down as well.
It's clear that he's trying to flee from this whole thing, closing accounts down, ignoring mails (even harder than before, if that's possible).

It will be the same as Invictus guitars. Delete all internet pages, change number, change emails etc