SikThs Complete Tablature FINISHED

TheKineticComposer

Composer/Bassist for “The Kinetic Poet”
Reaction score
Today is a very bitter sweet day for me, as of today, I will have completed a project I have been working on for many years. My favorite band SikTh has had very few transcriptions of their work, and the ones that were floating around on the internet were not very good. I made it my mission to accurately try and notate every song worth notating. This was no easy task, their music is brutal, and some of it is not bound to a click, making some parts entirely frustrating to work out rhythmically. I have learned so much from this experience and will no doubt apply some of their techniques to my music.

I present to you all, the entire SikTh guitar pro collection in all of its glory. With any piece of work, there are bound to still be mistakes as this was done entirely by ear and my ears are far from perfect. All I ask, is that if this helps you in any way, please leave a comment or if you make a play through, please leave some credit for the notation.

This has been a wonderful journey, and I am thankful for your patience and encouragement.

Enjoy!!!:shred::hbang::wavey:

(P.S) Mods, I couldn't attach a new attachment to my old thread, so I made a new one. If it matters, would you mind merging the old thread to this new one? The title of this one is more appropriate for the post. Thanks!

Attachments

• Sikth Complete Notation.zip
    168 KB · Views: 231

penguin_316

Reaction score
I'm at work and can't check out the tabs, but I've seen your work before and it's amazing. This is so badass dude, their music is extremely hard to figure out so mad props for taking the time to put it to tabs.

Very much appreciated, I'm going to busy for a long time with these haha.

TheKineticComposer

Reaction score
I'm at work and can't check out the tabs, but I've seen your work before and it's amazing. This is so badass dude, their music is extremely hard to figure out so mad props for taking the time to put it to tabs.

Very much appreciated, I'm going to busy for a long time with these haha.

No worries! I truly hope you enjoy! Thanks for the comment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hywel

Reaction score
I stand pretty much no chance of actually being able to play one of these but I'm looking forward to trying. Cheers!

TheKineticComposer

Reaction score
I stand pretty much no chance of actually being able to play one of these but I'm looking forward to trying. Cheers!

You don't give yourself enough credit! Practice makes almost perfect lol.
Start with Peepshow!

superash

Reaction score
You are a god amongst men.
Thank you for your service!
It will be appreciated by so many people dude!

TheKineticComposer

Reaction score
Anybody check these out yet? Which one is your favorite, and which one was the most unexpected to see written out?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nice one man, checking these out now!
Are you a member of GP Music Discussion on Facebook? I think the guys in there would appreciate this

TheKineticComposer

Reaction score
Nice one man, checking these out now!
Are you a member of GP Music Discussion on Facebook? I think the guys in there would appreciate this

I wasn't too sure how posting on this site quite worked, I thought if I made a post here, everyone on the site saw it. I didn't wanna piss off any mods by posting about SikTh too much. lol

EDIT: NM, you said on Facebook!

Rizzo

Reaction score
Downloaded, will check out! Thank you so much for your effort and the will for sharing

TheKineticComposer

Reaction score
Haha, was kinda hoping for a little feedback from a few of you by now, but its all good! Anyone get a chance to try out the tabs? Which is your favorite to see notated?

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
I don't know how you've done this, but these are incredible. This accuracy is pretty amazing. Thank you very much.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
What the absolute F*CK. I'm speechless, I can't believe you've notated all their songs note-for-note. Are you from an alien planet? Phenomenal work, this is just amazing.

How May I Help You, Scent of the Obscene, If You Weren't So Perfect, Wait for Something Wild.... just wow, utterly flabbergasted. So much material here, the harmonic complexity in some of the songs is just on another level!

You should send this to one of the guitarists (Pin or Dan), they might be interest in getting this put out officially on their FB page, and they'd probably pay you for it - or at least send you a little goodie bag with SikTh gear. I feel like I'm stealing by downloading what I can only imagine was hours of painstakingly working out all the little intricacies, so all I can say is thank you. :bowdown:

InHiding

Reaction score
I don't even like this band, but what you did is still pretty amazing.