Single pickup guitars

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Yes, I searched on SS.org and also on google...surprising just theoretical threads, but none specifically for single pickup guitars.
Be it neck, middle, or bridge. P90s, single coil, or humbucker...

post em below if you have em, or if you're gassing for one...or two...

1.jpg

ecd21151fef0cfbb117ffb2089289927.jpg

RAM021236-2.jpg

:

51hgek3t8eL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

dsc00027.jpg

I still dont know if i regret not buying the Keven Bond RR from many years ago. And i still dont know who exactly Kevin Bond is, but cool guitar
bd3646f7cee61cda336108d49e1adf44.jpg

_220608120258_Antique%20SB%20%281%29_zoom.jpg

I'd love to see an Ibanez FR body in a single bridge pickup configuration. Some how that doesn't exist...yet...

Last edited:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a les paul junior briefly - great guitar just a bit too much beef in the neck profile.

I also converted my S2 singlecut to single hum and put a 57+ in the bridge while I did. Its a good time.

Im on my phone so I’ll have to dig up the pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like single pickup guitars, any of my current ones have a single humbucker at the bridge.

The G&L is one of the og's from the 80's. Super solid guitar that has been a round the block before I got it. As far as I know it has the original Schaller pickup which sounds great!

The Ibanez has an EMG 707TWX-R which has a single coil mode so it's a little more versatile. I play that guitar a lot, probably just as much as my nicer 7's. I made the pickguard too, still figuring out how I want to finish it.

I couldn't find a picture of mine but I also have one of the newer cheapo Kramer Barettas in blue. They're pretty solid guitars for not a lot of money.

G&L Rampage
Screenshot_20221009_005828.jpg

Ibanez rg7321
Screenshot_20240110_154916_Gallery.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
I had a les paul junior briefly - great guitar just a bit too much beef in the neck profile.

I also converted my S2 singlecut to single hum and put a 57+ in the bridge while I did. Its a good time.

Im on my phone so I’ll have to dig up the pics.

I remember someone had a PRS S2 single cut standard (or is it satin?) In black, where they installed a custom pickguard and a BKP warping in the bridge.

They had a NGD here, but can't seem to find it. There is a video of the person around YouTube though.

*Sigh

Surprised prs doesn't sell single pickup if their S2 lineup, or one without pickguard

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember someone had a PRS S2 single cut standard (or is it satin?) In black, where they installed a custom pickguard and a BKP warping in the bridge.

They had a NGD here, but can't seem to find it. There is a video of the person around YouTube though.

*Sigh

Surprised prs doesn't sell single pickup if their S2 lineup, or one without pickguard

That might be my guitar, and if there are videos of someone playing it they're from the prior owner. https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/new-prs-day.362970/#post-5528925
52791722815_1e73301fb6_h.jpg

It now has a tortoiseshell pickguard and a set of Black Winters because I have to have a neck pickup. I also have a Jackson COW 7 that I routed for a neck pickup :lol:. I still have the single-hum pickguard and BKP silo if anyone wants to modify their S2.

sell2792

Reaction score
Is that a COW?
Yes! COW 7 to be exact. Honestly I’m surprised Jackson hasn’t reissued these or released a similar model with more modern specs. Those guitars are absolutely killer. Unfortunately for me though the one I want is the rarest finish of an already fairly rare guitar.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! COW 7 to be exact. Honestly I’m surprised Jackson hasn’t reissued these or released a similar model with more modern specs. Those guitars are absolutely killer. Unfortunately for me though the one I want is the rarest finish of an already fairly rare guitar.

Yup. I don't really play 7-strings anymore but I'll never sell my silverburst one. It sounds massive and is an absolute joy to play. They occasionally pop out on Reverb for over a grand, which feels like a lot but I haven't touched anything else at that price point as nice as mine.