Single pickup guitars

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
My original 1956 Les Paul JuniorIMG_4330.jpegIMG_4331.jpegIMG_4332.jpegIMG_4334.jpeg

My PRS SE One Korina
IMG_4335.jpeg

A Gibson Custom Shop LPC I had for a little bit but eventually sold it. I think it was a special dealer run for Music Zoo.
IMG_4329.jpeg

My Ibanez M80M
IMG_4336.jpeg

Always liked this photo since it shows how crazy different these guitars are from each other.
IMG_4328.jpeg

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RAM021236-2.jpg
I don't think I've seen anything this beautiful in my life before. I absolutely like red guitars but this here..
The things I would do for it :ugh:

soliloquy

Reaction score
Not mine, but the Esquire should be on this list
Fender_Esquire_Custom_1960.jpg

I don't think I've seen anything this beautiful in my life before. I absolutely like red guitars but this here..
The things I would do for it :ugh:
if the price is scary, have you looked into the Epiphone JJN guitars? They are a bargain if you find the Gold Glory, and you can easily sand/paint it red?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes! COW 7 to be exact. Honestly I’m surprised Jackson hasn’t reissued these or released a similar model with more modern specs. Those guitars are absolutely killer. Unfortunately for me though the one I want is the rarest finish of an already fairly rare guitar.
I didn't remember these in red, just black, camo and silverburst. They're all pretty awesome.

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
if the price is scary, have you looked into the Epiphone JJN guitars? They are a bargain if you find the Gold Glory, and you can easily sand/paint it red?
Haha, you read my mind. I was literally wondering if I could get the Epi painted red somehow, I already have two gold top guitars, so no more gold for me.. They're around 700€'ish which is totally fine, but I'm not sure how much the paintjob would be. Really something I wouldn't dare do myself.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Haha, you read my mind. I was literally wondering if I could get the Epi painted red somehow, I already have two gold top guitars, so no more gold for me.. They're around 700€'ish which is totally fine, but I'm not sure how much the paintjob would be. Really something I wouldn't dare do myself.

like you with red, i'm a huge sucker for pelham blue.
the JJN new Blues Power is what I was considering doing to the Gold Glory, before the Blues Power came to be.

However, given the price differences, I wonder if its better for me to just get a custom LP Kit and get it painted to the specs I want. the Blues Power, for me, comes very close to what i'd like in a guitar:

1) thick neck
2) 1 pickup
3) aged pelham blue
4) ebony board
5) binding all over

what the Blues Power doesn't have is:
1) Id like a p90 without the dogear. I could do with that. Id change it to cream though
2) I like the block inlays all down the neck. I could add stickers to the rest of the board to cover the blank
3) either a TOM bridge, or something I do can do to add a bigsby bridge to the body.

those are negligible, except the 3rd one. I could just suck it up and get the blues power. Waiting for it to either get more reviews, or come used. the new Epi prices are a bit harder to swallow

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
I call them 'go' guitars - just plug in, turn up, go. No nonsense, not a bunch of extra stuff, and I love them. My favorite one I've got - my Strat Cassie. Fishman Fluence Modern Alnico. I've got the push/pull volume set to use the modern/active high output voice and the modern 'passive' voice. 355098944_1077223643260076_1257205485403587501_n.jpg

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not mine, but the Esquire should be on this list
Fender_Esquire_Custom_1960.jpg

I' m gasing for one of these cheap Squier Sonic Esquire H...