Skeletone 12 string tapper...

• Thread starter skeletone_craig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
Hi there! A few guys here on 7 string have asked me if i have a website.I didn't then but now i have.The website is now up with a few photo's and some extra information on these crazy guitar/bass multi-string tappers.I thought some of you folks may also be interested...

www.skeletonetappers.co.uk

I even have a few for sale if anyone is curious.:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
You certainly make some unusual instruments even by tap-guitar standards. Awesome though, good to know we have more builders in the UK.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I love the "need little more than a drill press" construction method. They seem a bit wide, even for a tapper. How do you tune these? Crossed or uncrossed? Reciprocal 4ths/5ths? Straight 4ths? Something else?

Ray

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
I love the "need little more than a drill press" construction method. They seem a bit wide, even for a tapper. How do you tune these? Crossed or uncrossed? Reciprocal 4ths/5ths? Straight 4ths? Something else?

Ray
They are two wide to play crossed,they are designed to be played uncrossed and the bass set on the bottom is tuned in standard fourths Beadgc.THe harmony side is tuned as a standard guitar eadgbe.

I actually like to play mine lap style on a keyboard stand but you can easily play them standing or sitting with the instrument between your knees.

The early models could be made with a drill press but these fellas take some proper engineering to get right.The bridge alone is CBC and milled.
Thanks for your interest my man...Take care