Slaving a SS amp into another SS?

Reaction score
So, I've been thinking of doing this for a while but wanted to get some input on it beforehand to see if it's even possible. I've got a Randall RG100SC combo, It's amazing for my purposes and I love it to death. I've heard before of people 'slaving' an amp into another one, with the most famous example that I know of being James Hetfield slaving his Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ into his Marshall JCM800 to get his characteristic tone for Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All. I wanted to know if I could slave a little Marshall MG15CDR into my Randall RG100SC to achieve sort of a tone-blend since I can't get the midrange of the Marshall with the Randall but the Randall beats the Marshall in every other aspect, especially volume, except that midrange bite. The Randall (being the combo version) has 4 External speaker outs, 2 for Right and 2 for left (2 being for 4 ohm's and 2 for 8 ohm's), it has a Line Out and an FX loop (Send and Return with the respective level controls) and the Headphone out. The MG15CDR has a CD In & Emulated Line Out and Emulated Headphone out.

Hopefully someone can give me some input on this as well as shed some light on anything I might have gotten wrong, since I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it'll work. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I feel like the headphone out of the Marshall would be too low-impedance, and fry the FX return of the Randall.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
wouldn't do it. If it had an effects loop I would try it... But that headphone out :ugh: