Slipknot split with Jay Weinberg

• Thread starter Riverview
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lol. If you think that bands have any sort of say whatsoever in their booking process or what cities/towns they play in, then you clearly have zero knowledge of how the booking process (or the touring side of the music industry as a whole) works. :lol:

Get off your high horse. The band isn’t swinging by because of you groveling to them via a social media chat app.

Yeah, their reply was totally unwarranted. /sarcasm (which is very likely what they were employing when saying they were taking the credit for them playing in that city)

You've got quite the history of posting with assholish responses, so what he said about expecting it to be a rude comment tracks. Don't want responses like that, stop being a dick.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Yeah, their reply was totally unwarranted. /sarcasm (which is very likely what they were employing when saying they were taking the credit for them playing in that city)

You've got quite the history of posting with assholish responses, so what he said about expecting it to be a rude comment tracks. Don't want responses like that, stop being a dick.

🤜 🤛

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
giphy.gif

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

ac·count·abil·i·ty ə-ˌkau̇n-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē

Synonyms of accountability
: the quality or state of being accountable
especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions
public officials lacking accountability

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw this . Jay mentioned his surgery was ok’d AND planned extensively in his personal and professional life . So there shouldn’t have been any issues with him getting an operation done , especially since Slipknot stopped touring and have months until their next show . As stated , it didn’t effect his ability to play the drums .

The Slipknot special , drummer needs to take care of himself so they fire him . First Joey , now Jay . The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree .

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Screenshot_2023-12-16-13-04-53-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

A pretty nothing reply lol. Why do you need a different drummer in this scenario?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-16-13-04-53-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-16-13-04-53-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 9

Demiurge

Reaction score
^It's strange that he felt had to specify what seemed to be unchallenged: that Jay was fired and that he didn't quit.

I wonder what that "special space" is supposed to mean. For a band that has traded in edginess for decades, there's a lot of vague, delicate, and tentative language. Just say you're replacing your drummer with Skrillex, dammit.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
That wasn't cryptic at all. Maybe we should ask Shawn Crahan why the Chicago Blackhawks terminated Corey Perry's contract?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Says plenty. :shrug:

They, as in the band's longtime members, fired him, and are moving on from the situation.

I'm not sure what else is expected, or even appropriate.

The metal rags really want to wring out as much drama as possible from this, and it seems that the existing members aren't really feeding into it. No stories of infighting or gotchas or shin kicking.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Says plenty. :shrug:

They, as in the band's longtime members, fired him, and are moving on from the situation.

I'm not sure what else is expected, or even appropriate.

The metal rags really want to wring out as much drama as possible from this, and it seems that the existing members aren't really feeding into it. No stories of infighting or gotchas or shin kicking.

I mean, we knew he was probably fired. That much was a given since they've had plenty of practice at that. I mean the special space part, like what in the fuck does that even mean?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean, we knew he was probably fired. That much was a given since they've had plenty of practice at that. I mean the special space part, like what in the fuck does that even mean?

Bands will say the goofiest shit that just means "hey, we're working on new stuff we think is cool."

Or maybe they don't have anything going on. Who knows. But in general this is all boilerplate band speak. Like if you combed through a thousand Lambgoat posts about bands' next moves is pretty much all sounds like weird new age bullishit. :lol:

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bands will say the goofiest shit that just means "hey, we're working on new stuff we think is cool."

Or maybe they don't have anything going on. Who knows. But in general this is all boilerplate band speak. Like if you combed through a thousand Lambgoat posts about bands' next moves is pretty much all sounds like weird new age bullishit. :lol:

I think a large part of it comes from having read a few Crahan interviews where rather than answering a question, he tries to make more out of what he does and goes off on tangents on simple questions where the answer seemingly has no relation to what was being asked, when in all reality for me it's like... "just shut the fuck up, hit some trash cans." Crahan comes off as EXTREMELY pretentious, whereas Taylor, the guy who made TWO albums called Corey Motherfuckin' Taylor (Motherfuckin' outgrowing the edginess by the time a kid hits puberty) just comes off as immature. That's such a weird dynamic for me or maybe it shouldn't. Maybe I just don't get it, I don't know.

I feel like I'm reading an interview where 50 year old men think they're the same teenagers who think that their thoughts and actions are so profound that they're scared anyone could ever possibly "get it."

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think a large part of it comes from having read a few Crahan interviews where rather than answering a question, he tries to make more out of what he does and goes off on tangents on simple questions where the answer seemingly has no relation to what was being asked, when in all reality for me it's like... "just shut the fuck up, hit some trash cans." Crahan comes off as EXTREMELY pretentious, whereas Taylor, the guy who made TWO albums called Corey Motherfuckin' Taylor (Motherfuckin' outgrowing the edginess by the time a kid hits puberty) just comes off as immature. That's such a weird dynamic for me or maybe it shouldn't. Maybe I just don't get it, I don't know.

I feel like I'm reading an interview where 50 year old men think they're the same teenagers who think that their thoughts and actions are so profound that they're scared anyone could ever possibly "get it."

I think that applies to a lot of artists who made it big when they were fairly young and have had their bands become something of their life's work. More so when it's a niche band in a genera not generally known for subtlety and restraint.

Latest posts