So, Fallout 4...

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Only thing I'm upset about is that this game is $80 CAD on Steam :(

Still buying it, though, naturally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sumsar

Reaction score
I guess people just have different VAT rules in the country they live in. It is also 60 euro in Denmark as well. And that is with 25% danish VAT.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
You guys might want to check out GOG.com and see if it has better pricing than steam.

Making a digital product more expensive overseas is absolute bullsh!t.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Oof, that's brutal.

And I don't see it on GOG, but thanks for the link. Might take a look once the game releases to see if it pops up there.

I didnt bother searching for it. It ought to pop up on release.

The international price gouging like this is why piracy exists. $60USD is $84AUD. I dont know where they get the $112AUD from. Its all nonsense.

ferret

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Fallout 4 is Steam-dependent like Skyrim.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I found a leaked gameplay clip of Fallout 4

https://vid.me/7Wnl

There are no major spoilers in the video but please watch it at your own caution. I know some people dont like seeing any non-official release videos before release.

Its just a player running through downtown boston killing a few enemies and trying to lockpick a door. Nothing major.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Full perk chart is out. I'm gonna start a character with:
S 1
P 8
E 1
C 2
I 6
A 8
L 2
So basically a no-nonsense asshole pistol/rifle user. I like being accurate and methodical rather than use automatic weapons, melee, or explosives. The beauty of it is that I can do all of those in later playthroughs.

Ipbu9Zh.png

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
Pistol/rifle builds are the best. Hunting rifle and guns like that were my favourite in the past 2 games. Gauss rifle for sniping those super mutants and the tri-beam for close combat. Heads flying everywhere!

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
So I watched all twenty minutes or so of the leaked gameplay footage. While I'm definitely going to be getting the game regardless, I am a tad disappointed at how stiff the character animations are. I've never played Bethesda games for groundbreaking physics or graphics but I suppose I was expecting a little more from their first next-gen game. Granted, it was from the console versions and I'll be on PC where there will be plenty of graphics mods but the character models themselves don't seem to look much more fluid than the previous two Fallouts.

Regardless, I'm still super pumped. Absolutely loved Fallout 3 and NV.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I dunno, in general it looks pretty good to me. Certainly well enough to get immersed for hours on end. The people look much nicer than they did in skyrim, the gunplay looks decent, and the environments are dandy. Certainly not top notch graphically, but I can still get along with FO3, NV, and still frequently play Skyrim, so "outdated" graphics aren't a big deal if the gameplay is up to snuff.

I got it for the Xbox for the simple fact that up to this point I've had the stupid thing for a year and I only own two games for it. Plus it's nice to get out of the basement where our studio/gaming rigs are every now and again.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll most likely be going with a glass cannon style build with rifles and pistols, also gonna need to find the most badass duster I can find. :lol: I dunno what perk levels I'll use but I'm sure I'll spend about an hour considering it while making my character (which will also take an hour...)

stevexc

Reaction score
If you guys haven't grabbed it yet, Green Man Gaming has a 20% off code (SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING) that should help out a bit for you non-Americans. Wound up costing me $65 CAD instead of $80... should be around 67AUD?