So, Fallout 4...

stevexc

Reaction score
GMG keys were released as of this morning in case anybody didn't notice, and STEAM PRELOAD IS UP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
STEAM PRELOAD IS UP!

:scream::scream::scream:YES!! I made space on my SSD and prepared my desktop.

My body is ready.

zcj8QZL.png

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
WBiB2dU.jpg

Saw this guitar pop up on reddit, oddly fitting for this forum.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I own a V307. :D

I certainly would love for it to have that finish instead of the standard black one though.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
So apparently the PS4 has 'crushing frame rate drops'. After watching the video that people post as 'proof', i barely notice a drop. Maybe from 30 down to 20 but that doesn't bother me that bad. i know it's completely unacceptable for some people, but i'm used to playing games that have frame rate drops.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like it's the new thing to conplain about. if it isn't 60 fps 10800 people act like it's the end of the world and are ready to riot.

ferret

Reaction score
Seems like it's the new thing to conplain about. if it isn't 60 fps 10800 people act like it's the end of the world and are ready to riot.

Speaking as a PC gamer primarily, the idea of 60fps @ 1080p is like, 5 years ago. We've moved to 1440p and higher in many cases, so I don't think people are crazy to expect stable 30+ fps on the latest console hardware.

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
^ some of the youtubers I watch run 4K and they surpass 60fps easily, so I don't think it's too much to ask for a system that can run a game fluently at 1080p at 60. Hell, I'm fine with 30, so long as it's consistent, but when there are troubles with that, it's reasonable to complain.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'm using a VPN to unlock my game early. You can set your VPN to Australia or New Zealand and activate at 8AM EST. This is it world. Its been nice knowing everyone.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well my dreams of becoming employed again will die tomorrow. :lol:

The reviews are looking solid of people care about that sort of thing. Best part is that anything negative about the game will almost certainly be addressed through a mod soon enough. PC Master Race ftw!

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'm 3 hours in and have only completed two objectives :lol: I got out of the tutorial, picked a direction to go, and just started walking.

The crafting and mod system is absolutely insane. There is so much tweaking to be had.

You dont have to open a menu for containers. Its taking some getting used to, but its definitely better. You have to loot in real time!

The gunplay is spot on. Still feels like Fallout, but better. Vats is more like bullet time and still requires fast thinking.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
My copy hasn't shipped yet. Hope it arrives tomorrow. But my week suddenly got planned full (from having 2 days off to working 6 days post-release :lol:) so I won't have much time to play anyway until next week :(

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
I'm hoping I can be put into group one for the midnight once I go into work. My shift starts when we start grouping people, so hopefully they can just slide me in there.

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
My copy hasn't shipped yet. Hope it arrives tomorrow. But my week suddenly got planned full (from having 2 days off to working 6 days post-release :lol:) so I won't have much time to play anyway until next week :(
Aaaand just got emailed it shipped out and should be here tomorrow. God damn I'm bummed about my busy week.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Fun fact: I've deliberately not looked a damn thing up about this game since it was announced. I really didn't want to get worked up about things because it makes me antzy. I know next to nothing about the game other than Boston, and vaguely what happens in the very beginning.

I have it pre-ordered, though it's under my wife's name, through gamestop right up the street. This means if I want to play it at all tomorrow, we have to pick it up at midnight. I work at 7am and I get out at 3. I promised the wife she could play as soon as she gets home at 4. None of this is sitting well with my poor feeble mind. I might just cave and drop another $60 for the PC version so we can both play.

edit: Noticed I could get it for $48 on GMG and caved. Now I'm $48 poorer, but it's pre-loading and both me and the wife can play to our heart's content.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I can't afford this, so I'm going to play New Vegas and weep for what could have been. :lol:

chaneisa

Marc Spector
Reaction score
Fun fact: I've deliberately not looked a damn thing up about this game since it was announced. I really didn't want to get worked up about things because it makes me antzy. I know next to nothing about the game other than Boston, and vaguely what happens in the very beginning.

I have it pre-ordered, though it's under my wife's name, through gamestop right up the street. This means if I want to play it at all tomorrow, we have to pick it up at midnight. I work at 7am and I get out at 3. I promised the wife she could play as soon as she gets home at 4. None of this is sitting well with my poor feeble mind. I might just cave and drop another $60 for the PC version so we can both play.

edit: Noticed I could get it for $48 on GMG and caved. Now I'm $48 poorer, but it's pre-loading and both me and the wife can play to our heart's content.

I avoided looking anything up too. I had to look up one trailer to show my lady friend because she said it might be something she'd want to play. Bethesda hasn't let me down thus far, so I have faith it's going to be gold.