So I just dished out £170 on Steven Slate Plugins...

• Thread starter SilverEvolver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SilverEvolver

Banned
Reaction score
You guys wanna know what I managed to achieve in a single evening using Steven Slate's GF-X, VCC and VTM plugins?

BEFORE I invested in some SS plugs:
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/josephparry/groove-20-mastered[/SC]

AFTER:
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/josephparry/groove-20-vcc-vtm-and-vbc-master-v3[/SC]

Obviously it still needs some work, more than likely all over etc... but what do you guys think of the mix / master in general?

WORLDWIDE you guys should hit up
Studioxchange - Supplying the very best in professional audio equipment

Ask for Dale Chapman and tell him that Joseph Parry sent you. He will do you some AWESOME deals on Steven Slate plugins / other gear.

Put it this way... The plugins I bought SHOULD have cost £280... I was staring at £170 total. I can't promise the exact same discounts as me (as I'm brand new to his service etc) but I know he'll cut you a decent deal if you are referred by me ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Now you'll only need to get VBC. :D

Those plugins are great, love the punch VCC gives to drums.

Also the plugins are more often than not on sale on the Slate website for £59 per plugin.

Mix sounds pretty good, kick drum could use some more low end imho.

SilverEvolver

Banned
Reaction score
Now you'll only need to get VBC. :D

Those plugins are great, love the punch VCC gives to drums.

Also the plugins are more often than not on sale on the Slate website for £59 per plugin.

Mix sounds pretty good, kick drum could use some more low end imho.

Noted! Thank you! I got two of them for £37.50 :D

SilverEvolver

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks man! You should th kick ass! Don't forget to hit up Dale for prices, they price match etc, so worst case scenario you'll get the same price as anywhere else, but most likely they'll do a one up and beat the price!

xzyryabx

Reaction score
170 pounds?~!!
Wow, so glad I got them for $30 when they were on sale a few years ago!

guitarfishbay

Reaction score
Nice improvement. Before I got the Slate stuff I was wondering if the reason they were so popular was snake oil or if everyone was buying them because they were good. I'm quite happy to say it is definitely because they're good!

Tizzer

Reaction score
Sounds awesome dude. I can hear a big difference in the bass on the second track. Much more full sounding and fits with your guitar tone nicely. Sweet riffs too!

col

blah.
Reaction score
You guys wanna know what I managed to achieve in a single evening using Steven Slate's GF-X, VCC and VTM plugins?

I decided to get VTM as well, but it immediately crashes Reaper when I try to load it onto a track. VBC and VCC work like they should. I tried installing latest version of Reaper, reinstalling the plugin with only VST3, only VST2, only VST2 32bit etc. and all made Reaper crash. :mad:

I already sent a support ticket to Slate but I thought I'd post here in case you'd know a fix?