So I played a JPX today :D

• Thread starter Metalus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
...and it felt amazing :D. There are some pros and cons and I will list them the best I can (IMO of course)

Lets start wth the body. It has the same beautiful purple finish we've been seeing all over the internet. The body is VERY comfortable and very light. It has a parker fly deluxe like feel to it, but it still retains what makes the original JP's great. The arm contour is not the same as the regular JP's, but it felt pretty close to the original, to the point that I didnt even notice it :lol:

The neck felt like a slightly thicker Parker Fly Deluxe neck (Yes this guitar is VERY similar to a Parker Fly Deluxe :lol:) with stainless steel frets and an ebony board. If this guitar was available as a 7 Id be all over it because it would be the equivalent of a Parker Fly Deluxe with 7 strings :shred:.

Unfortunately, I didnt get to review much more than that because i was pressed for time. All in all, It is a great guitar that may not be worth its insane price tag, but the quality build alone would make me want one. Now all they gotta do is release the JPX7 and im sold :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
How tall would you say that the frets were? I've played the regular JP7 and liked the neck, but the frets were just too low. I'd be interested in a JPX7 (assuming they make them) if the frets on these are significantly taller.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
How tall would you say that the frets were? I've played the regular JP7 and liked the neck, but the frets were just too low. I'd be interested in a JPX7 (assuming they make them) if the frets on these are significantly taller.

They looked alot larger than the regular JP7 frets. They looked similar to the ones on the Loomis model. Dunlop 6000's? :scratch:

petruccirocks02

EBMM/MESA User
Reaction score
Metalus, the JPX7's are already available. A buddy of mine already has one on order, so you're in luck.

I'm getting my new JPX6 this week (hopefully Tuesday).

-Phil

Voodoo Turkey

Reaction score
Lucky, lucky guy!! I wish my local guitar shop had more variety, it has like a wall full of Fenders and Gibsons, 2 Deans, 2 Jacksons and about 4 Ibanez - It's almost as if they sell one and replace it with the same brand!! Thanks for sharing the info mate, sounds like a real nice guitar

Xiphos68

Reaction score
The JPX7 does exist. At the GuitarCenter I go to. The head manager there confirmed there was going to be a JPX7. Because, he called and asked about. But, there not going to put it up on the website he said.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
at guitar center?

The guitar center in kendall :yesway:

Metalus, the JPX7's are already available. A buddy of mine already has one on order, so you're in luck.

I'm getting my new JPX6 this week (hopefully Tuesday).

-Phil

Care to link me? :D

Lucky, lucky guy!! I wish my local guitar shop had more variety, it has like a wall full of Fenders and Gibsons, 2 Deans, 2 Jacksons and about 4 Ibanez - It's almost as if they sell one and replace it with the same brand!! Thanks for sharing the info mate, sounds like a real nice guitar

Yeah man i was shocked when i walked in. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl :lol:

Which aren't Dunlop 6000s..

Thanks for confirming dude :D. I have no idea what frets are on the Loomis or JPX. But from what ive seen on the JPX and seeing some Loomis pics, the frets look very similar.

So wait, what are the cons then?

Id say the biggest "con" is that the neck is not as thin as regular JP6's.

I forgot to mention one thing. When switching to the neck pickup and performing tap sweeps, the switch gets in the way a little of ur picking hand. It might be just me in the way I throw out my hand when I tap, but that never happens to me on any other guitar. This is the first time ive noticed something like that. It wasnt too bad though.

Wait, so the JPX has ss frets?

It sure seemed like it. Im not sure though.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I thought this video was pretty cool. It has the same audio as the earlier video (where John talks about the JPX), but with videos of the Musicman factory.

MSalonen

Reaction score
I thought this video was pretty cool. It has the same audio as the earlier video (where John talks about the JPX), but with videos of the Musicman factory.

That video blew my mind. I've never watched that kind of process being done before. But that robotic arm thing that moved the body around between sanders/buffers (or whatever they were) made me shit my pants.

I just called my local GC and they said they had a JPX coming in, but the computer didnt say if it was a 6 or 7.

In either case I'm definitely going to try it out, and probably order my own.

Just not sure if I want to go 6 or 7... I'm so tempted to go 7, but I'm still kind of afraid of making that leap to 7's. :(

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
That thing was awesome. I have absolutely no need for one, but I want it :lol:

Robotic ass-wiper?

I'm surprised they used robot arms to polish. I thought that was something that even the really big companies still did by hand.