Solar A2.7 W opinions ?

• Thread starter Rocks256
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Should i get Solar A2.7 W ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Rocks256

Reaction score
Hey,

I have been thinking about 7 string recently. I used to play 7's five years ago. I do mainly play blues and rock music at jam sessions. Not so metal, although as a teenager i was a huge Korn fan, i still do love their music. Apart from Korn i love The Contortonists, Tesseract, Deftones., Architects, Karnivool . I never have had Solar guitar, I like the specs of it. They have C shape, neck, 26"5 scale lenght, passive pickups. I gotta admit, i dont like dark fretboards. Im only maple fretboard guy.

I do have 2 Squier CV tele and strat. Getting used to 7 th string will be something new again. Im more of a rocker, cant shred.

Would You recommend me Solar ? What about solar quality? Any issues ? Is this a right pick ? Is Solar A2.7 W a good guitar ? Price for new one here is 725 USD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Check out the solar guitars thread @Decapitated has mentioned.

TLDR
There has been numerous QC issues with fretboard cracking as of late along with other QC issues. Buy at own risk.

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the solar guitars thread @Decapitated has mentioned.

TLDR
There has been numerous QC issues with fretboard cracking as of late along with other QC issues. Buy at own risk.
Agreed - will never own a Solar. Have only played them. Works well when they work, not worth repairing if they fall apart, which seems to be the common occurrence these days.

pahulkster

Reaction score
I have a 1.6 G series that is just about perfect. Zero hesitation about buying another one. That should be worth about as much to you as some other negative anecdote.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Wow this doesnt sound good. So they have lots of quality issues ? Well i might buy it online, warranty allows 10 days return here
From what I've seen, they're quite hit or miss with QC since the pandemic really started. I've got an e2.7 that I ordered in June 2020 and received in August 2020. The guitar looks great, plays great. There were some finish bubbles, burls, and a tool mark on the fret board about an inch long. Recently, I also noticed something at the neck joint that I thought was the neck coming unglued but seems just another finish flaw I never noticed. Nothing structurally wrong with it and nothing warranted me to return it. I love the guitar and it's been fine for almost 2 years now. Take that as you will, but I also ordered it 2 years ago before QC went down.

Another note, is that I tried to reach out to the solar customer service regarding the finish issues (idk what I was hoping for, maybe partial refund?), but of the three times I sent them an email, I NEVER heard from them.

Rocks256

Reaction score
From what I've seen, they're quite hit or miss with QC since the pandemic really started. I've got an e2.7 that I ordered in June 2020 and received in August 2020. The guitar looks great, plays great. There were some finish bubbles, burls, and a tool mark on the fret board about an inch long. Recently, I also noticed something at the neck joint that I thought was the neck coming unglued but seems just another finish flaw I never noticed. Nothing structurally wrong with it and nothing warranted me to return it. I love the guitar and it's been fine for almost 2 years now. Take that as you will, but I also ordered it 2 years ago before QC went down.

Another note, is that I tried to reach out to the solar customer service regarding the finish issues (idk what I was hoping for, maybe partial refund?), but of the three times I sent them an email, I NEVER heard from them.
This sounds very sad. No response at all ? What a shame. Well i dont mind finish bubbles as long as it plays well

Rocks256

Reaction score

This sounds very sad. No response at all ? What a shame. Well i dont mind finish bubbles as long as it plays well and works well. Now i do hesitate about it

/wrists

enthusiast
Reaction score

This sounds very sad. No response at all ? What a shame. Well i dont mind finish bubbles as long as it plays well
Haha yea they wouldn't respond when my girlfriend tried to even buy a b stock from them. We just tried to ask how to pay for b stock at the time and no response for 72 hours. We ended up just getting a LTD for her.

Rocks256

Reaction score
Haha yea they wouldn't respond when my girlfriend tried to even buy a b stock from them. We just tried to ask how to pay for b stock at the time and no response for 72 hours. We ended up just getting a LTD for her.
I have had Ltd, couldn't bond with it. Sold it and bought schecter and jackson later.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
I have a first-run A2.6 which is a solid guitar all the way. It plays great, sounds great and looks great and have been my main guitar ever since I got it.
Like you I'm also looking for a new 7-string, and while I was really impressed with Solar at the beginning, I must admit that I'm looking more in the Schecter and Ibanez way these days.

Not sure how critical the QC issues are with Solar these days. If you order a Solar through - lets say - Thomann, you could always send it back again without any trouble should there be any issues whatsoever.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
This sounds very sad. No response at all ? What a shame. Well i dont mind finish bubbles as long as it plays well and works well. Now i do hesitate about it
Ya I never heard from them at all. The finish bubbles/burls didn't bother me and the guitar plays amazing still.

Rocks256

Reaction score
I have a first-run A2.6 which is a solid guitar all the way. It plays great, sounds great and looks great and have been my main guitar ever since I got it.
Like you I'm also looking for a new 7-string, and while I was really impressed with Solar at the beginning, I must admit that I'm looking more in the Schecter and Ibanez way these days.

Not sure how critical the QC issues are with Solar these days. If you order a Solar through - lets say - Thomann, you could always send it back again without any trouble should there be any issues whatsoever.
Hey mate i will order solar through guitar center. Its 100 EUR cheaper compares to thomann.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you tried any Ibanez 7 string guitars? They're usually pretty solid a most price ranges in my experience.

Rocks256

Reaction score
Have you tried any Ibanez 7 string guitars? They're usually pretty solid a most price ranges in my experience.
Hey , i used to have Ibanez. Sold it quickly. Never liked them, too flat neck , pickups werent sounding good and poor color options