What are you listening to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Cavalera Conspiracy - Escape to the Void. The mix sucks, badly. The first album and EP they redid sound great, while this, possibly one of the top three songs from one of their best albums, sounds DREADFUL because of the mix. Max sounds like he's singing in the other room with the door slightly ajar. The drums are too loud while the kick sounds like a mallet hitting wet cement. The guitar is decent, but sounded better on the previous re-recording efforts. The bass is kind of in the way. I know the bass was audibly present in the 80s, but here it is too big and in the way.

They pull it off in terms of playing the parts, but the mix... God AWFUL! They need to redo the mix of this thing or shelve the album entirely. The first album and EP they redid sounds a lot better.

The cover, though? That looks fucking insane! I love it.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Keeing with the screamo/post-hardcore kick I've been on for the last year or 2, my buddy sent me this over the weekend:

I like this. Had a lot of fun at screamo/post shows back between like 2001 and 2004. We had a local place down the street from me that would consistently host shows varying from screamo to skacore to punk to death metal a few times a week. All ages, no alcohol. I sure do miss how things were, sometimes.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I'm drawing out my kitchen time while prepping dins tonight, so I think I've got time for two albums. I'll start with the face-melting slab of metal known as Midnight. And I'll cool things down with the vibey throwback synthwave sounds of The Midnight.
midnight.jpg

Latest posts