Solar "Chug" Pedal - Available Now!

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Report back when it arrives.
Will do. If nobody has done a shot of the PCB before I get one I will do so as well. Guessing folks in Europe will have theirs as soon as tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like the pedal is in some sort of customs inspection thing, so depending on that it could be late. I will say it's nice that it went on sale and they actually had inventory to ship right away. A lot of companies now announce months in advance and never ship the damn thing. I have been waiting like 10 months for a EHX Mig50 amp and the Two Notes Revolt keeps getting pushed back. No way will I order from Two Notes until people actually get review units. It's refreshing to see Ola build up inventory first THEN announce.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Will do. If nobody has done a shot of the PCB before I get one I will do so as well. Guessing folks in Europe will have theirs as soon as tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like the pedal is in some sort of customs inspection thing, so depending on that it could be late. I will say it's nice that it went on sale and they actually had inventory to ship right away. A lot of companies now announce months in advance and never ship the damn thing. I have been waiting like 10 months for a EHX Mig50 amp and the Two Notes Revolt keeps getting pushed back. No way will I order from Two Notes until people actually get review units. It's refreshing to see Ola build up inventory first THEN announce.
By the time shit ships with the opposite model, hype has died down and people no longer care as much. Might as well announce it when you have it to ship out.

Gmork

Reaction score
Really impressive feature set, even if the core tones weren't really my cup of tea. Top mount jacks would have been cool.

Also stacked concentric pots are awesome, but no parametric mid frequency control? Maybe there's only so much you can jam into a single enclosure.
Have you forgotten what happened with the mt2 and mxr fullbore?!! 😄
Give guitarist too much control and they WILL make it sound like shit and then complain online.
Cant wait until ola lets the world know that the fullbore is actually pretty awesome but until then you heard it here first folks lol.
Both of those had parametric pots and is absolutely why everyone said those pedals sucked, fight me lol.
Easy to make sound like shit but use a halfway decent amp and adjust with your ears and not your eyes and boom, youre getting some fierce death metal tones.

0rimus

Reaction score
Oh fuck. Are people finding out the MXR Fullbore is effing amazing?

I've sat on that secret since 2009. Very first pedal of any kind I bought. Makes a better preamp pedal than 99% of these newfangled ones coming out nowadays.

Er, I mean, the fullbore sucks! Complete garbage! Don't start making the prices go up!

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, but I look forward to hearing some unbiased opinions from people who actually purchased it.

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone on TGP posted gut shots, it's all analog.

1667580167981.png

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on TGP posted gut shots, it's all analog.

View attachment 116629

Yup. Your usual 200$ pedal that costs 20$ to make.

lewis

Reaction score
Yup. Your usual 200$ pedal that costs 20$ to make.
Looks sick to me.

As the comment on TGP states. There is some really cool shit happening in there.

I really rate that outer case design too. Bulletproof

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I am no circuit expert, but it looks like it gets it's distortion from jfet opamps in part? Looks like an analog noise gate as well. At least this is not a super el-cheapo LED clipping only distortion pedal that should be $25 that they are charging $200 for. Seems to be mostly inline with distortion pedals of similar price?