Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
The place here is humid and dusty lots of accumulated dirt here in my country, want to be proactive and preventive, few luthier here my country maybe dont know evertune thank you there dis forum i can ask questions and people know

Any bridge will have some degree of resistance to corrosion. Usually, the bits that will suffer the most from humidity and accumulated dirt tend to be the screws and, if you are really neglecting things, the plating on the areas where you mostly rest your hand will deteriorate much faster, exposing the area to corrosion. Just make sure you keep things clean (during string changes, for instance), and you're good to go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
someone who works for evertune told me use brush to clean the dust and thats enough , will see il will post here fast as soon as i got it, it just waiting 2 weeks for me

I personally wipe it down with my planet waves microfiber cloth and a soft make-up or camera lens brush to get the dirt and dust in between the saddles out. I also like applying lubricant to the contact points on the saddles and the nut, to reduce friction and prolong string life. As long as you wipe it down regularly especially after use and don't wipe away the dampening grease on the inside of the bridge, it will remain in great condition for a long time. If you're performing and things get really sweaty you want to make sure you have some replacement action and intonation screws available in case they would get rusty.

binz

Reaction score
I think this is one of the very few things nobody has asked for here yet,

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
A -insert guitar with my exact specs that I'm still not going to buy- would be pretty dope tbh

Not ripping on you @KnightBrolaire (your comment was just at the end of the thread after I'd been catching up on haha), however I've seen THAT many of these comments flying around lately regarding Solar (not just on this forum but other as well) that it's getting beyond a joke.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Not ripping on you @KnightBrolaire (your comment was just at the end of the thread after I'd been catching up on haha), however I've seen THAT many of these comments flying around lately regarding Solar (not just on this forum but other as well) that it's getting beyond a joke.
Probably has to do with Ola directly catering to this site and the metal/pointy audience. Solar isn't a massive operation so they can manage to do cool niche shit that companies like Jackson or ibby gave up on.
Besides, I'm serious about the 7 string star. I have a massive hard on for star shapes and a 7 string one would be a neat unicorn to mount into my rack. The only other way to get one would be go custom or build my own (which I don't have time for currently :lol:) tbh.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nobody talking about these yet either? Tsk tsk. ;)

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a1-6bd-artist-ltd-black-open-pore-distressed/

A1.6BD-Artist-LTD-FRONT-HORIZONTAL-1.png

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a1-7bd-artist-ltd-black-open-pore-distressed/

A1.7BD-Artist-LTD-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/a1-6rd-artist-ltd-blood-red-open-pore-distressed/

A1.6RD-Artist-LTD-FRONT-HORIZONTAL.png

Dat red doe. If only the inlay was also red like the Halloween V

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so happy Solar are expanding the range with these mini runs and variations etc.
I suppose if the specs for your guitar are in circulation across the models, surely its only a matter of time until they make one with the correct hardware & colour?
Its a clever business model when you think about it, because using myself as an example, I have the means to buy a Solar, but I really shouldn't (buying a house soon, clearing debt etc), so I'm being sensible and refraining. However with every new Solar release I want one more and more, and if my perfect spec of Neon lemon lime and an Evertune 6 string A series is released, out of desperation I would probably whip out the credit card.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
What is the nut width on these? Mostly interested in the A models both 6 and 7, but also wanting to know if they are the same numbers for all the models.

Metropolis

Reaction score
What is the nut width on these? Mostly interested in the A models both 6 and 7, but also wanting to know if they are the same numbers for all the models.

6-strings 43mm, 7-strings 48mm. Damn that seven is wide, my Ibanez seven is 47mm. Should be same across all the guitars because neck profile is same in every guitar with similar amount of strings. Neck joint might be only different feeling thing, neck-through vs. set-neck, and of course singlecuts, v's and explorers have the joint in different spot.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
These look awesome. I like the inlay but I really wish it was an option because I just don't want the inlay. I want blank fretboard. I see Ola has some in videos without an inlay. I wonder if they would do a no inlay model.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Those are probably protos, where they don't need to bother with the inlay. I recall Ola saying the inlays were part of the brand identity.