Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
Hoping to get my first Solar in the next week or so. Keeping an eye on the deal of the day hoping an E series comes on a 50% deal. Haven’t seen any 1.6s on the deal of the day yet. Seems like deal of the day sells out instantly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Seems like deal of the day sells out instantly.

That single 50% discount guitar they promised for current Black Sabbath sale wasn't even listed under the sale. It was only under Deal of the Day. Wasn't moved to sale page until I told them about it. It was about half a week up before they sold out.
Never seen a 1.6s tier guitar in deal of the day. It's mostly cheaper ones that don't sell well.

Speaking of; I'm picking up a 2nd hand S1.6 with ET tomorrow.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'd probably have grabbed an E/G type by now if they were 25.5", but alas, everyone always makes them as the same scale as the company they're stealing from instead of making them all uniform

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Great. Came in looking for worthless discounts on stuff I otherwise wouldn't buy, then I see this.

I'm gonna have to ask the wifey.

20220128093745-A2.6FRPN20Canibalismo20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png.webp

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Great. Came in looking for worthless discounts on stuff I otherwise wouldn't buy, then I see this.

I'm gonna have to ask the wifey.

20220128093745-A2.6FRPN20Canibalismo20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png.webp
Dude that's lol sick

I'm also currently trying to get my wife to snuggle up with the thought of another guitar residing here. So far nothing's working but I'm tenacious and Christmas is coming like it or not. Idk I already dropped a couple hints and she just looked concerned.. not good. Best of luck, man. Killer lookin guitar

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
20231024195855-AB4.7C20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png
Well I be damned, 289€. What's not to like about it? 26.5 scale would have been nice though.

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Well didn't expect that. That price point actually is insane wtf. These are about the same as beginner Harley Benton guitars but actually look nice.
A decent looking V for 300€? Licensed floyd rose, 24 jumbo frets, reverse headstock, (super cheap) flame maple veneer, red finish for 350? All have "techwood" which means similar look and feel to ebony but no cracks.
No doubt these will sell REALLY well

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the logo, the dots...but well, it's black.
There are 2 things we like:
18V EMG Mod
Black 7 string guitars

But you shall not combine the two, the average SS forum user can only get so hard.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
No he just opened these to other markets such as europe
I stand corrected :)
Yeah when they were exclusive they were posted to specific distributor websites. Now they're globally available and he did an announcement on his main YT page. Theyre averaging around $250 - $300 which isn't bad at all.

Flick

Reaction score
Hoping to get my first Solar in the next week or so. Keeping an eye on the deal of the day hoping an E series comes on a 50% deal. Haven’t seen any 1.6s on the deal of the day yet. Seems like deal of the day sells out instantly.
They just put an e1.6 on deal of the day at full price. WTF. 😞