Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
Are you talking about the E1.6WOP+ that's currently up, not sold out and probably not full price. Just doesn't show the previous price.
I tried adding it to the cart and it stated the item was out of stock. Eventually the price was updated to $650 but the stock level never changed. I got the samd
Out of stock message. I stayed up all night refreshing because that was the guitar I was hoping to get. Now the T2.6 that was up previously is the deal of the day. Maybe they’ll be another chance at an E1.6 but I’m not going to loose sleep over it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
The deal of the day I’m seeing is a t2.6. Other than the sabbath sale, where is the desk of the day located or is that the only spot?

Flick

Reaction score
I’d
The deal of the day I’m seeing is a t2.6. Other than the sabbath sale, where is the desk of the day located or is that the only spot?
It just changed to the T2.6. Another strange thing was the E1.6 was originally listed as deal of the day for $1449, which is above the normal $1299 price. I tried putting the E1.6 in my cart throughout the entire time it was listed as deal of the day but the stock level was never higher than zero, even after the price change to an actual deal at $649. Considering it’s the exact guitar I was hoping for, was listed for sale and never truly in stock, it’s the biggest tease and disappointment of any of my guitar shopping experiences. I’m certain the E1.6 won’t come back up on a deal like that again and if it does, it’ll likely not be truly available for purchase(out of stock before the sale even happens).

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
I tried adding it to the cart and it stated the item was out of stock. Eventually the price was updated to $650 but the stock level never changed. I got the samd
Out of stock message. I stayed up all night refreshing because that was the guitar I was hoping to get. Now the T2.6 that was up previously is the deal of the day. Maybe they’ll be another chance at an E1.6 but I’m not going to loose sleep over it.

I see.
Not sure at this point anymore if Solar is being dishonest or just incompetent. Their site hasn't never worked 100%.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Are you talking about the E1.6WOP+ that's currently up, not sold out and probably not full price. Just doesn't show the previous price.

I’d

It just changed to the T2.6. Another strange thing was the E1.6 was originally listed as deal of the day for $1449, which is above the normal $1299 price. I tried putting the E1.6 in my cart throughout the entire time it was listed as deal of the day but the stock level was never higher than zero, even after the price change to an actual deal at $649. Considering it’s the exact guitar I was hoping for, was listed for sale and never truly in stock, it’s the biggest tease and disappointment of any of my guitar shopping experiences. I’m certain the E1.6 won’t come back up on a deal like that again and if it does, it’ll likely not be truly available for purchase(out of stock before the sale even happens).
I just want the v1.6 artist (black open pore with the maple board) to go on super sale so I can snag one. Been wanting that for awhile, but my hopes aren’t high for that being the deal.

Flick

Reaction score
I see.
Not sure at this point anymore if Solar is being dishonest or just incompetent. Their site hasn't never worked 100%.
No clue what’s happening on that site anymore. I can still go to the site and attempt to buy it at that price but it won’t let me check out. I reached out to Solar. Maybe another E1.6 will be available at that pricing? That was a lot of effort to try and buy a guitar on a sale that seemingly never existed. IMG_4058.png

Scone

Reaction score
I just want the v1.6 artist (black open pore with the maple board) to go on super sale so I can snag one. Been wanting that for awhile, but my hopes aren’t high for that being the deal.
I'm also drooling over that model, but I wonder would the flamed maple suffer the same cracking as other models? Seen one or two posts in groups about that, and has me slightly worried about buying one.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
No clue what’s happening on that site anymore. I can still go to the site and attempt to buy it at that price but it won’t let me check out. I reached out to Solar. Maybe another E1.6 will be available at that pricing? That was a lot of effort to try and buy a guitar on a sale that seemingly never existed.

Did you try other browsers?

Flick

Reaction score
Special of the day! For the low cost of regular price! This is how I missed out on that E1.6 series sale… IMG_4061.png

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Special of the day! For the low cost of regular price! This is how I missed out on that E1.6 series sale…

Now that it's out of stock I can see the discounted price on the guitar (not listed in deal of the day anymore).

BusinessMan

Reaction score
At this point I’m convinced that the deal of the day is phony bologna. Every time I go to check it out, put it in the cart, it’s always 0 stock and sold out. Today was the a2.7w for 399, went to buy, and sold out.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this point I’m convinced that the deal of the day is phony bologna. Every time I go to check it out, put it in the cart, it’s always 0 stock and sold out. Today was the a2.7w for 399, went to buy, and sold out.

If there wasn't a trick to it they wouldn't do it.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Website is definitely not working good...

Their warehouse is in Spain, I live in Spain. If I try to buy one it says there is no shipping to my address and I have to look for international dealers which is, in my aace after using the ZIP Code search on the site, the solar website because I am in Spain.

mpexus

Reaction score
Solar REALLY needs to upgrade their servers. Everytime there is a promotion its basically Mission Impossible to get there. Solar is not that "small home made brand" from Pal Ola anymore. So they need to start taking care of their website counting on things like this.

brector

Reaction score
Solar REALLY needs to upgrade their servers. Everytime there is a promotion its basically Mission Impossible to get there. Solar is not that "small home made brand" from Pal Ola anymore. So they need to start taking care of their website counting on things like this.
I can't imagine they own any web servers, etc. This is all on them and their hosting company