Some guitars are too funny not to post

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Oh, look, a 7-string Taylor. Wait, Taylor made 7-strings? Not really? Okay, what do you mean?
$_12.JPG

Okay, looks like a photoshopped 6-string with a 7th button.
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Okay, why are those two strings so close together? It looks like someone couldn't decide on whether to get wound or not wound on the 3rd string.
$_12.JPG

The hell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a second course similar to the 8-string type they and other acoustic makers have used in the past.

Essentially, you get the chime and drone of more traditional 12 string guitars but a more subdued frequency range and the ability to play more traditional leads and chords.

Another similar concept are 10 string electrics which don't pair the 5th and 6th.

More info here: http://www.martinguitar.com/15-main...br7-string-model-with-extraordinary-tone.html

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Go ahead, ruin the fun.

No, seriously, thanks for the explanation. It just seemed like afterthought after afterthought upon first inspection.

xzacx

Reaction score
I've played Taylor's 8 string before. It's actually a baritone. One of the coolest sounding guitars I've ever played. I really contemplated buying it on the spot. Had it been a little more affordable, I definitely would have.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
So this isn't funny here:
00l0l_kdpbtHGjuCz_600x450.jpg

BUT this is:
This is a custom built Esp Ltd M-10 that has been completely redone to match the guitar played in Of Mice and Men. You won't find another one like this at this price. Single EMG 81 pickup, single volume control, simple, elegant, and can rip your face off, lol. Comes with padded gig bag. $300.

M-10s are $99 new.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
^
Custom built! :lol: Dude probably snagged a prototype for $120 and threw in an 81.

Don't get me wrong, I would buy the .... out of a cheap, single hum, and TOM equipped guitar. The M-1 NTB is probably my favorite of the M series, so I have a soft spot for that style (and I wish like hell they'd release an LTD version of it), but that guy is high if he thinks $300 is even reasonable for that.

Fraz666

Reaction score
time for coming out: I really like the Halo guitar in the first page :lol:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Just go to the Wishbass website or look up anything to do with Devries guitars. Everything you have seen here will look like 5k Jackson custom shops.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
(squints, tilts head to side in mild confusion)

My first thought is that it's something else that got translated to "heterosexual", and with the proximity of "flame" ("flaming"?), but for the life of me, I can't figure out what the "real" word is.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Needs one of those Dean "V" shaped headstocks. You know, so the "fire" looks like it's heading towards the totally not gay V, thus absolutely justifying using the term "heterosexual" in the description of the guitar.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Seems like a big theme of this thread is, guitars which might look decent if they weren't ruined by their ridiculous headstocks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand in keeping with this theme:

cadi1980cbk-aaa3e7ca7cce4a364d79f00a006d7d12.jpg

Look, Dean... I get it... the V headstock is your thing... it doesn't work on everything!

Now, get me one of THESE, and we're golden.
P1010070.jpg

Reaction score
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/msg/5152610165.html

6husdh.jpg

Sorry, I just saw this and felt like it was funny and wanted to show people.

A Epi SG body with a BC Rich neck (even though warlocks are bolton and SGs are setneck?), has a Kahler trem, EMGs, and Buckethead tap-able killswitches :spock: All for 420$! :lol:

Well, all jokes aside, this is a cool concept. It could be a lot cooler with some actual thought behind it and some extra designing.