Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
The problem is they never expected to make this sort of stuff on the regular floor at Corona or in Ensenada (MX). Both facilities are, from the ground up, designed to make bolt-on Fenders.

It took a huge investment in capital and time to get Corona the capability to make Jacksons, and they're still having some teething pains.

They probably could do it, but the same issues apply, and since Ensenada is almost at capacity most of the time they'll have to cut back somewhere, which is also a cost.

The big Asian OEMs are attractive because they can make literally anything and are more than happy to sell capacity to the highest bidder.

Thanks for the educated explanation. Makes sense. I just needed to get my daily complaining out of the way.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
You can play a strat body style in that general position with some scrunching. I take my left foot and put it on the edge of the seat of my chair, kinda like a gigantic version of a classical position footrest, and tilt the body out a bit at the bottom to rest the lower horn on my left thigh. Basically pinching the guitar with my pectoral and left leg. Also worth noting my jacks (most of them) are top mounted like a strat so there's no connector body jamming into my junk. I switch up my sitting positions pretty frequently, wouldn't want to stay in that position for too long but it's kinda useful for avoiding fatigue instead of running a lick up the neck with basically the same exact muscle groups a million times- getting lazy at it, developing bad habits, so on and so forth.

Dayn

Reaction score

Ford GT40-themed guitars

For reference:
View attachment 142950

The guitars are all over $6,200

View attachment 142942
View attachment 142943

View attachment 142944
View attachment 142945

View attachment 142946

View attachment 142947
View attachment 142949
I'm not a car guy, but I immediately thought Speed Racer when I saw the guitars.

1967-speed-racer-mach-5.jpg

I looked for Speed Racer guitars, but I didn't see any worthy of the thread, unfortunately.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm not a car guy, but I immediately thought Speed Racer when I saw the guitars.

View attachment 142951

I looked for Speed Racer guitars, but I didn't see any worthy of the thread, unfortunately.
This was the only one I could find that wasn't just simply a Speed Racer-themed paint-job on an otherwise standard-ish body:
1714699241414.png

Reaction score

Crundles

Reaction score
Can't you just play with a strap and hike it up to your tits to get the same effect? Lop off the lower horn if it's in the way of your sik shredZ. This thing is clown shoes.
You might potentially be able to, depending on your body; however, if you're sitting, you're much better off using a support for classical position even on an electric. There's a reason why all younger classical players are using supports instead of a footrest.

Ergonomics are a wild topic, though, and mostly individual, so the Haha Guitars thread isn't really the best place for discussion.

Also lmao youtube recommended me a video with this very guitar - it looks more comfortable than I expected in action, so I'm upgrading my opinion from Wacky to Goofy.