Some help with the Jackson SLSMG?

• Thread starter Stitch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Thats a damn hot photo.

If I got one it'd be the MG, SLS3 is nice but the inlays are barftastic and I don't have enough wedge to drop on a USA-Jackson, and I certainly think it'd be worth it, at trade or not.

Thanksh guys. Looks like I'll get the wet&dry ready for that neck though...:ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score

It was overcast today so excuse the crappy flash. As you can see on the saber the contours are pretty symmetrical and thin everywhere. The SLS starts thin on the top half of the body(still thicker than the saber), but thickens out on the lower half of the body where the controls are. I don't have a scale but judging by hand they seem fairly similar in weight. It feels like the saber is slightly heavier maybe due to it's denser mahogany. And as stated the SLS does tend to neck dive very slightly with a nylon strap. Being from 1991 the saber neck is tiny but I actually prefer the SLS neck. It feels a little wider and beefier in the shoulders and fits my hand much better, not to mention the heel feels great.

Good set of pics man:hbang:

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Stitch you and I must have similar taste, we both have s7's, both have 6505's and just the other day I was thinking about a new 6 and an SLSMG was on the top of the list :lol:.

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Dude, you gotta gimme a headstock shot of that...and BKP's?! DAMN!
I'll see what I can do!

Thats a damn hot photo.

If I got one it'd be the MG, SLS3 is nice but the inlays are barftastic and I don't have enough wedge to drop on a USA-Jackson, and I certainly think it'd be worth it, at trade or not.

Thanksh guys. Looks like I'll get the wet&dry ready for that neck though...:ugh:
:metal:
Good set of pics man:hbang:
:metal:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Piranha's are the tastiest (does that word exist? lol) inlays ever, IMO :yesway:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Piranha's are the tastiest (does that word exist? lol) inlays ever, IMO :yesway:

I like the shark eyes on my SLS3 quite a bit better but the piranhas are pretty cool.

To take the gloss finish off, man.

Oddly enough, for an import guitar the necks don't get sticky. The COWs all got pretty tacky after awhile, but the white SLS.. nope. And my black SLSMG is a matte finish and I've played the shit out of it so the neck is smooth as hell... smoother than my COW7, which I buffed the gloss off of.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
sakeido, the inlays really don't go with the guitar, at least in my eyes, maybe i'm looking at it from a metal standpoint. The SLSMG gets a little sticky, but its not bad.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
sakeido, the inlays really don't go with the guitar, at least in my eyes, maybe i'm looking at it from a metal standpoint. The SLSMG gets a little sticky, but its not bad.

Joe Duplantier deems your argument false
gojira-2.jpg

but I will admit they look better on guitars with just 22 frets

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
i think the inlays look nice and classy and compliment the guitar.
i so so so wish they made these in 7 string versions, but knowing jackson the would add another 1000 to the price

i've been getting a woody seeing sakeido's pair:agreed:

you mean... these? :agreed:
DSCN3232.jpg

DSCN3229.jpg

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Mark Morton also disagrees
400px-Lamb_of_God-0401-Mark_Morton.jpg

I was going to get these inlays on my custom :lol: too bad Jackson can't run a custom shop to save their lives. I like em.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
you make me cry. i mean i don't even like my caparison inlays, i find them intrusive and weird, i'm a fan of small inlays. either that, or customized.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
*must not look at Cody's Jacksons......................too much GAS*