This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
:fawk:

source.gif

;>)/

Reaction score
Sounds like something a (B/Z)oomer would say.

I probably am a boomer or whatever name is given for those born in the 70s. Personally, I don't care. I care about aggressiveness.

It ain't much different to gender aggressiveness, skin color aggressiveness, cultural aggressiveness or religion aggressiveness. Aggressiveness is meant to hurt someone. If one uses it, one is out of his/hers own balance, which is a pity for sure, but others are not to blame nor to be the beating bag where one deploys his frustrations in order to feel better, it simply never ever works. Aggression is never the solution. Generalization is a weak way to box someone into a label so that he/she can be managed because those who use this can't handle them. It's just plain bullying.

... and I care about aggressiveness because I don't like people getting hurt, now it's them, tomorrow might be my neighbor, the day after will be me. Please cut that chain, keep aggressiveness out of the board. It's always up to the individual to make the right choices, not the mob's.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I probably am a boomer or whatever name is given for those born in the 70s. Personally, I don't care. I care about aggressiveness.

It ain't much different to gender aggressiveness, skin color aggressiveness, cultural aggressiveness or religion aggressiveness. Aggressiveness is meant to hurt someone. If one uses it, one is out of his/hers own balance, which is a pity for sure, but others are not to blame nor to be the beating bag where one deploys his frustrations in order to feel better, it simply never ever works. Aggression is never the solution. Generalization is a weak way to box someone into a label so that he/she can be managed because those who use this can't handle them. It's just plain bullying.

... and I care about aggressiveness because I don't like people getting hurt, now it's them, tomorrow might be my neighbor, the day after will be me. Please cut that chain, keep aggressiveness out of the board. It's always up to the individual to make the right choices, not the mob's.
No one is angry because some posters are old or anything like that. People are annoyed that posters aren't reading the first post in this thread (or the second half of the title, for that matter) and then making a dozen posts in a row of inappropriate content.

Per the first post of this thread, memes targeting activity on SSO are on topic. Spamming the same cartoons every few weeks is explicitly not. This is a misunderstanding of rules and etiquette, nothing to do with generational differences.

Reaction score
No one is angry because some posters are old or anything like that. People are annoyed that posters aren't reading the first post in this thread (or the second half of the title, for that matter) and then making a dozen posts in a row of inappropriate content.

Per the first post of this thread, memes targeting activity on SSO are on topic. Spamming the same cartoons every few weeks is explicitly not. This is a misunderstanding of rules and etiquette, nothing to do with generational differences.

Unquestionably. I understand that obviously. What I don't understand is the need for the "generation gap" argument, why is it brought up to the table? Why is there a need to label someone one can't quite understand with whatever label there is available and one may think it fits the character? That's a stretchy generalization that doesn't bring anything positive.

The thing is we can't force ourselves over others, we can't force others to think/act likewise, it is just not possible. So what do we do to those who aren't on our wave length? We IGNORE THEM. There's no need to start a war here (or anywhere else). Respect is earn both ways and we, common SSO users are not to impose our thoughts on the thread rules. REPORT to those in power and complain about what feels wrong, then IGNORE said user. Done. The tools are at everyone's disposal, please use them wisely.

If the user X doesn't like what user Y is posting, just move along, ignore or send a private message explaining whatever personal perspective. Pointing fingers is as bad as burning witches, specially in a GLOBAL PUBLIC space. It's just ugly and bad manners.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Unquestionably. I understand that obviously. What I don't understand is the need for the "generation gap" argument, why is it brought up to the table? Why is there a need to label someone one can't quite understand with whatever label there is available and one may think it fits the character? That's a stretchy generalization that doesn't bring anything positive.

The thing is we can't force ourselves over others, we can't force others to think/act likewise, it is just not possible. So what do we do to those who aren't on our wave length? We IGNORE THEM. There's no need to start a war here (or anywhere else). Respect is earn both ways and we, common SSO users are not to impose our thoughts on the thread rules. REPORT to those in power and complain about what feels wrong, then IGNORE said user. Done. The tools are at everyone's disposal, please use them wisely.

If the user X doesn't like what user Y is posting, just move along, ignore or send a private message explaining whatever personal perspective. Pointing fingers is as bad as burning witches, specially in a GLOBAL PUBLIC space. It's just ugly and bad manners.
Because generation memes are a thing right now.

I have people on ignore. The problem comes when I see that this thread has been bumped and have to go through whole pages with only hidden posts that were made consecutively.

I don't think asking users to read and follow the rules in the first post is anything like a witch hunt. Witch hunts weren't based on anything bordering with reality.

Reaction score
Because generation memes are a thing right now.

I have people on ignore. The problem comes when I see that this thread has been bumped and have to go through whole pages with only hidden posts that were made consecutively.

I don't think asking users to read and follow the rules in the first post is anything like a witch hunt. Witch hunts weren't based on anything bordering with reality.

True... but what if someone has some limitations that just can't process those initial rules? I also have limitations (language, since English is not my mother language) and some people on ignore, and I had more in the past... then I though, "damn, I might be missing something", so it's temporary and I often click on the "Show Ignored Content" button... then I just move along the posts I don't really care about, or I'll hit the report button and write a sentence or two about that particular post for those who read the reports to take action on whatever there is to take action...

@Wuuthrad is there a generation road map I could head to understand what is this all about?

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
@Wuuthrad is there a generation road map I could head to understand what is this all about?

I wish I could help, but these generational nicknames and the divide they seem to create are really nothing more than a media fabrication.

At their worse, they keep people arguing amongst each other, and at their best are like a musical genre, similar to Djent (or is it Swedish DuhYant) which was a drunken joke taken way to seriously!

But don’t take my word for it!

Baby Boomers: (born from 1946-1964)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers

Last edited:

Latest posts