This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Seems like DrewH got a job at Caparison

TAT-Neck-Break-Angle.png

Reaction score
@StevenC I'm stupid, for sure, but I don't get the point of that image. What is it trying to say? That angle is super variable, it changes with our movements... and what's the difference between the blue and the orange sides besides the color?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
@StevenC I'm stupid, for sure, but I don't get the point of that image. What is it trying to say? That angle is super variable, it changes with our movements... and what's the difference between the blue and the orange sides besides the color?
The angle is the same and the image says so. It's measuring the height of the opposite side and calling it an angle for some reason. What they're trying to express is that with their guitar, it sits closer to the player when really all. All they've done is add angle to the neck and as a result bring the guitar back a bit.

Caparison has a habit of doing things like this, for example their "down tuning guitars" which have the bridge a bit further back to allow more range of intonation, but they advertise it is giving the tension of a baritone with the playability of a standard.

Reaction score
The angle is the same and the image says so. It's measuring the height of the opposite side and calling it an angle for some reason. What they're trying to express is that with their guitar, it sits closer to the player when really all. All they've done is add angle to the neck and as a result bring the guitar back a bit.

Caparison has a habit of doing things like this, for example their "down tuning guitars" which have the bridge a bit further back to allow more range of intonation, but they advertise it is giving the tension of a baritone with the playability of a standard.
... marketing for those who don't understand the mechanics of playing a guitar... I never understood the Caparison craze, so one less to think about...