Songwriting Subforum?

• Thread starter asher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I think this has come up in a few threads, but is there any chance of adding a songWRITING subforum? For posting lyrics, tabs, demo recordings, but specifically to talk about their writing and/or composition. We have a place to talk about the production, and the theory, but not about more generalized song feel or flow and no place for lyrics; I feel like these kinds of things would get swamped in General.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
We've tried this before (back when Chris was the admin IIRC), but it got canned because nobody used it :shrug:

Either way, this is something Alex would have to implement, so the likelyhood of it actually happening (assuming people would use it this time), is slim and none.

steve1

Reaction score
I suggest making a song-writing mega thread in the theory section, if it takes off, ask for it to be stickied

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
:bump: for an excellent idea!

I love talking about composition, and it's always useful to get some insight into how others compose!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We had one but it had virtually no traffic and thus it was canned.

LMChaser31

Reaction score
+1 to this

I was also wondering, what are your approaches to songwriting? How do you tackle it essentially and get past the first creative stages where you're just trying to come up with a basis (a riff for example) for your song? I often struggle with that first part, coming up with a solid original chunk of music that will allow me to let the song practically write itself. I try not to force it, but I either do, or I just end up with nothing :s

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
I was just about to post a thread like this. I write alot of music in guitar pro and would love to get feedback on my work like this sub forum on ultimate guitar. UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - Tabs & Chords

If be all for this subform and I love hear ing what others write and I also like to give constructive constructive too.

-Joshwa-

Gwetarz are kewl
Reaction score
Yea, definitely needed.
Sure there are other forums more devoted to home recording and such but it would be good to get a similar section on sevenstring as a lot of other forums contain a majority of members who aren't really the target audience

I vote :yesway: