Sorry, jackass (Elon Musk content)

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you thank you
XKCD has mouse-over text on all of their cartoons, and this one is also a goldmine - paraphrasing, but:

"I forgot where I heard this, but someone one said to me that defending a position by citing free speech is kind of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling argument for your position is that its not literally illegal to express."

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
XKCD has mouse-over text on all of their cartoons, and this one is also a goldmine - paraphrasing, but:

"I forgot where I heard this, but someone one said to me that defending a position by citing free speech is kind of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling argument for your position is that its not literally illegal to express."
I find that attitude of doing (or not doing) things just because they are legal to be the epitome of apathy, selfishness, and intellectual laziness. All it is is displacing any and all blame to an abstract concept. i.e. "I did it because they told me to do it, it's their fault, blame them!". Sometimes people can afford to be a little bit more introspective...

lost_horizon

Reaction score
I find that attitude of doing (or not doing) things just because they are legal to be the epitome of apathy, selfishness, and intellectual laziness. All it is is displacing any and all blame to an abstract concept. i.e. "I did it because they told me to do it, it's their fault, blame them!". Sometimes people can afford to be a little bit more introspective...
Exactly, don't pay taxes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol Elon Musk is a fucking cissy who's transphobic cuz his trans kid disowned him cuz he's a piece of shit
He recently tried to play the stupidest and most shameless reverse Uno card imaginable by saying that people who still called the platform Twitter... well, "Twitter" were deadnaming it.

Fuck you, Elon.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Elon just suspended Nelson Mandela's grandson on twitter for participating in aid for Gaza.

I can't believe he'd do that to a man with such an established track record of championing human rights and equality 's grandson.

Strangedaze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The pop cultural interest/obsession with Elon Musk (either loving him or hating him) is a puzzling thing to me. I don't have a strong opinion on him - in my mind he's just a rich businessman, he's involved with companies doing some neat things, and he says a lot of really stupid things. But he isn't particularly interesting outside of those characteristics, and I don't find myself thinking or caring about him or what he does. But some people get so worked up, either following him like a messiah on one side or just bathing in schadenfreude any time negative press comes up on the other side. Like this is s forum dedicated to instruments with a certain number of strings, but we're still here talking about some dude that, aside from news headlines and dumb social media comments, doesn't matter to our lives. Maybe I'm old and apathetic, but I just don't get the fascination with the guy. Unless he wants to talk about guitars of course.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The guy thinks that he is real life Tony Stark and he is cool. And he probably is for the people who's only measure is money. And thank God he doesn't play guitar, cuz he will probably be explaining on Twitter that the right way to make a guitar is with the four lowest strings only, stringed in reverse order. Oh wait, that's already has been done. It's called violin....

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I can't believe he'd do that to a man with such an established track record of championing human rights and equality 's grandson.
Famously anti apartheid activist black South African removed from platform by emerald mine heir white South African.

Why does #FreeSpeechAbsolutist dislike the Mandela family? Concerning. Looking into it.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
It's about time for another thread asking what's with all the non guitar related discussions lately. If I see one more thread about potato chips or elongated muskrats I'm calling the cops.

Latest posts