Sources for 8 string active-sized pickup covers

• Thread starter Deadnightshade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I think that for metal and wood you definitely have to go custom.

Wooden covers shouldn't be hard for a luthier.No idea how they would be priced though.

codycarter

Reaction score
I expected as much from wooden plugs, but who would I really go for metal?
I know emg has metalworks, but thay are passive sized and I'm looking far active

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Gonna bump this to say that I've just ordered 10 of these. Gonna buy some 8 string Bareknuckle Cold Sweats too, I will let people know how this goes when everything gets here.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand bumping this again to say that they arrived today! They are going to need some sanding on the inside on the lengthwise sides (did that make any sense?) to make them fit properly, but otherwise it looks like they shouldn't be a problem going in! Going to take my RG8 and all the upgrades I have planned to my guitar tech and I'll post a NGD... errr... new mod day thread and give a rundown of how we made the pickup covers fit etc.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand bumping this again to say that they arrived today! They are going to need some sanding on the inside on the lengthwise sides (did that make any sense?) to make them fit properly, but otherwise it looks like they shouldn't be a problem going in! Going to take my RG8 and all the upgrades I have planned to my guitar tech and I'll post a NGD... errr... new mod day thread and give a rundown of how we made the pickup covers fit etc.

Yeah another member reported that some sanding is needed.The rundown of the procedure would be nice!