SPAAAACE METAAAAAALLLL

• Thread starter Somnium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
Alright, so I've been playing the crap out of Mass Effect 3 lately, and I'm looking for some new spacey metal. I'm a huge fan of The Contortionist, Substructure, Deeds of Flesh's newest album, Fallujah, Decrepit Birth etc, but I've played the hell out of them lately and need something new. I was just wondering if any of you fine gentlemen might have something to satisfy my lust for some proggy/techy/death/djent. My apologies if there is already a thread on this, I'm posting from work on a computer at least twice my age.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimmaethBoy

Boi I tell you phwut
Reaction score

^Not really a "spacey" related artist, but this album definitely gives off that vibe, at least to me. Great instrumental album for sure.

These will keep you occupied for a bit.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Ayreon and Arjens Star one project are definitely spacey stuff. Flight of the Migrator/Dream Sequencer/ Into Electric Castle from his Ayreon project are probably the spaciest. Migrator being the top of those one.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Not the same at all, but Rosetta call themselves "Metal for Astronauts"

Not techy and djenty, but just great goddamn music!

Somnium

DEATHGRIPPIN
Reaction score
Thuh Land of Ooo, where fake niggas don't make it
Thanks all for the recs. Mithras, Monopascal, Arcturus, and Rosetta are all good. Isn't Rosetta's Fathom used in the first Dead Space 2 trailer? That's another video game I'm obsessed with lol. I'll have to give Being another shot but I don't remember caring for them when I heard them. I think it was those Suicide Silence-esque high vox but I could be thinking of something else. Tim I think I will busy with those haha, can't wait to get home and check them out when I get off! Less than an hour left! I don't know what it is but nothing can come close to The Contortionist's Exoplanet for me. That album just has everything. I think I'm more stoked for their 2nd album than I am for Koloss, and Meshuggah is number 1 in my book.

soliloquy

Reaction score
these guys make the cheesiest videos, but listen to their stuff. when they were called 'project creation' they were far more dreamy. they changed their name a few times since, and now, i'm not even sure what they are called:

first, listen to a song on here called 'floating thoughts"
Myspace Music Player

if you like it, then listen to these guys:

Stealth7

Reaction score

First track opens with a soundclip from Dead Space. :hbang:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Alright, so I've been playing the crap out of Mass Effect 3 lately, and I'm looking for some new spacey metal. I'm a huge fan of The Contortionist, Substructure, Deeds of Flesh's newest album, Fallujah, Decrepit Birth etc, but I've played the hell out of them lately and need something new. I was just wondering if any of you fine gentlemen might have something to satisfy my lust for some proggy/techy/death/djent. My apologies if there is already a thread on this, I'm posting from work on a computer at least twice my age.

HOLD UP SON WHEN DID PORTAL TO CANAAN COME OUT?

Wait nevermind

OP give Odious Mortem a shot, they're like Decrepit Birth but pissed sounding and more brutal.