Spec sheet nerds - why isn't this LTD M-1000 deluxe flying off the racks?

• Thread starter diogoguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
those specs arent that special anymore, its in MIJ ibanez territory with SS frets, worse trem, more "metal" pickups, likely worse neck/fret work, I'd take the better trem and fretwork any day
Hmmm maybe? But this LTD costs somewhere around $1200 minimum advertised price (prob can find a good deal right around $1,000). The Ibanez with ss frets that I know is the prestige 5000 series (which I have one), whose MAP is like $2,000 (you could arguably haggle a little, but I'd imaigne not much less than $1,800)... they're in different leagues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarthV

Reaction score
Hmmm maybe? But this LTD costs somewhere around $1200 minimum advertised price (prob can find a good deal right around $1,000). The Ibanez with ss frets that I know is the prestige 5000 series (which I have one), whose MAP is like $2,000 (you could arguably haggle a little, but I'd imaigne not much less than $1,800)... they're in different leagues.

Also doubt any dealers are going to discount Ibanez Prestiges that are backordered into infinity. I was shocked that the dealer that did get a 5000 series in still offered 5% cashback. They didn't need to, it was going to sell within a couple of days anyways.

bigcupholder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Blade switches. Why do companies insist on putting blade switches on 2H guitars?
A 5 way blade gives more options. Some of those options are good sometimes.

A toggle is faster/easier to use though.

As long as it's not a stupid 3 way blade switch, I'm good with either.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also doubt any dealers are going to discount Ibanez Prestiges that are backordered into infinity. I was shocked that the dealer that did get a 5000 series in still offered 5% cashback. They didn't need to, it was going to sell within a couple of days anyways.
That's a temporary thing until guitars are back in stock . Also, the RG5320 is available in a few locations.
I don't know what your location is, but it is possible to check how much the new guitars are going for. This chart is for the RG5320. It is true that it sold a few times for MAP, but you can kind of see it's not impossible to get it for $1,800. I had one and didn't pay full price.

1658936325072.png

sell2792

Reaction score

I would vastly prefer a three-way toggle with push-push pots. Blade switches look cheap to me, and don’t feel great.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

I think the latter is what he means.
I got a 5-way blade switch on my Schecter Omen Elite and it's pretty slick with the switching options.
3-way blade switch, tho? Fuck that.

Wucan

Reaction score
There are tons of M1000s floating around for half or less of current retail prices. While the current iteration has more modern specs the instrument still plays the same.

Earlier in the year I paid 800 CAD for the Koa version from a couple years back, that's basically the going range for the model in the used market. The brand new one would cost me over 2000 CAD. I might as well buy another used M1000 if i wear out the frets.

DarthV

Reaction score
That's a temporary thing until guitars are back in stock . Also, the RG5320 is available in a few locations.
I don't know what your location is, but it is possible to check how much the new guitars are going for. This chart is for the RG5320. It is true that it sold a few times for MAP, but you can kind of see it's not impossible to get it for $1,800. I had one and didn't pay full price.

View attachment 111514

What site is that chart from? Is that correct that it tracked under a dozen in 18months?

And from what stores are saying in Canada, most Prestiges aren't going to be showing up until next year. Shops aren't going to scare people away from putting down deposits if that's not what they really expect?

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Blade switches. Why do companies insist on putting blade switches on 2H guitars?
Ibanez does something with the switching so that one of the extra two positions uses one coil from each pickup and the other extra position has the humbucker in parallel.

With that said, I have four Ibanez guitars with two humbuckers and I only use positions 1 and 5…

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ibanez does something with the switching so that one of the extra two positions uses one coil from each pickup and the other extra position has the humbucker in parallel.

With that said, I have four Ibanez guitars with two humbuckers and I only use positions 1 and 5…
Oh, I understand the possibilities. I also know hardly anyone who uses them.