SSO: Deep Thoughts

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Imagine walking into a deli/sandwich/sub shop, and the menu is just hotdogs 😶
Ah, Senior Weiner. Just variations on gourmet hotdogs. We had one for about a year. They did such good business they closed to expand into the adjacent space, then never reopened. It made me cry real tears. It was my favorite sub shop.

EDIT: I looked it up and had forgotten than their main image was a hotdog wearing a sombrero. Holy crap. It's like one image that captures this whole run of posts.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I maintain that a sandwich is anything that is between anything else. When I'm at home, I am a sandwich, because I am between the walls of my apartment.

By the cube rule, pigs in a blanket are sushi.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Two things:
If a hot dog is a taco, so is a submarine sandwich. Ultimately, this is gonna come down to a philosophical debate about whether a taco qualifies as something different from a sandwich. As I love both, I'm afraid I have to decline to engage for fear of it turning political and ruining some of the very few positives of this existence.

Depends, is the submarine sandwich actually using one roll sliced horizontally, but still joined, therefore closer to a taco? Or just one roll cut into two long pieces and therefore = sandwich.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Depends, is the submarine sandwich actually using one roll sliced horizontally, but still joined, therefore closer to a taco? Or just one roll cut into two long pieces and therefore = sandwich.
Mostly now it's the horizontal slice, still connected thing. Though sometimes it goes all the way through.

This debate could have been a real rager back when Subway cut the V in the bread top to make the sammich. That bitch looked like a taco with a little V of bread laying over the top of it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Mostly now it's the horizontal slice, still connected thing. Though sometimes it goes all the way through.

This debate could have been a real rager back when Subway cut the V in the bread top to make the sammich. That bitch looked like a taco with a little V of bread laying over the top of it.

Then I stand by my original designations, cut = sandwich, connected = a submarine "sandwich" is indeed a taco even if not eaten like one

I'm apparently too young to have ever seen the V cut in a Subway sandwich, but dear god does it make zero sense to an outsider

edit: sweet Jesus, it looks like a god damn Tremor in sandwich form!

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Then I stand by my original designations, cut = sandwich, connected = a submarine "sandwich" is indeed a taco even if not eaten like one

I'm apparently too young to have ever seen the V cut in a Subway sandwich, but dear god does it make zero sense to an outsider

edit: sweet Jesus, it looks like a god damn Tremor in sandwich form!
The V cut was perfection for the type of sandwich they were making. It held all the shit in the center while you ate, instead of like now where it all squeezes out the side that isn't connected on each bite because the stupid dipshits can't bother putting the ingredients back against the non-cut side.

I don't do Subway very often anymore. Their bread makes me feel queasy now.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
One of my wife’s first jobs was as a sandwich artist at Subway.
Once upon a time:
I'd go into Subway when I was farming and pig out about once a week. I hung with the feed delivery boy there for hours at a time, since his girlfriend worked there. Her sister came in, started asking questions about that weird metal dude hanging out with the feed boy, and next thing I know my whole life is topsy turvy. Bitch spent all my money, wrecked my car, literally tore my universe apart.

And when she wrecked my car a second time (oh yeah, once wasn't enough), her family never said boo to me about the money or anything. They were pissed at me for dating her at all because I was a long-hair shitty person, despite working ten to twelve hour days six days a week.

Come to think of it, maybe it's not the bread that makes me queasy now.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Once upon a time:
I'd go into Subway when I was farming and pig out about once a week. I hung with the feed delivery boy there for hours at a time, since his girlfriend worked there. Her sister came in, started asking questions about that weird metal dude hanging out with the feed boy, and next thing I know my whole life is topsy turvy. Bitch spent all my money, wrecked my car, literally tore my universe apart.

And when she wrecked my car a second time (oh yeah, once wasn't enough), her family never said boo to me about the money or anything. They were pissed at me for dating her at all because I was a long-hair shitty person, despite working ten to twelve hour days six days a week.

Come to think of it, maybe it's not the bread that makes me queasy now.

You gotta watch those sandwich artists.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
One time I was invited to a noise show in "Hot Dog Tony's" a family hot dog restaurant in sandusky Ohio. there were infomercials playing on the TV and regular ass white midwest families trying to enjoy their hot dog dinners while the noise show happened. there was even an old man irately pantomiming plugging his ears during one of the sets. it was absolutely unforgettable.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
You guys ever realize that if the human race had free energy they would just burn down the world turning every source of material into an unrecyclable manifestation of perpetually impending obsolescence until we're all building houses out of mud bricks and eating roaches because it's the only shit left we couldn't turn into a weapon or stick our cock in?