SSO: Deep Thoughts

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The idiocy induced by the failure of human constructs to properly define their own lexicons never ceases to amaze me.

Tacos are tacos. If I have to get a majority together and affirm it we're going to raise your taxes.
The referent of 'water' isn't a human construct.

Boom.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The idiocy induced by the failure of human constructs to properly define their own lexicons never ceases to amaze me.

Tacos are tacos. If I have to get a majority together and affirm it we're going to raise your taxes.
Also, your suggested program is impossible. Imagine a time before language. We couldn't start by defining terms because then the other terms would lack definitions. Terms need to "stick" to the world, which is something other than lexican definition.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Also, your suggested program is impossible. Imagine a time before language. We couldn't start by defining terms because then the other terms would lack definitions. Terms need to "stick" to the world, which is something other than lexican definition.
I don't have the time for this right now, not being brief for the sake of shrugging you off.

A lexicon is a specialized series of terms which directly or colloquially have different meanings within different contexts. Like how "analog" means entirely different things respective to whether we are talking about amps, chemistry, or physics. All of them are based on the same single language, though lack congruity which makes them singularly useful.

The use of referents is a human construct, as in language.

And a taco is a taco is a taco, unless you decide it means sandwich- which is stupid, because it has distinct characteristics which the things we refer to as sammiches do not. That's all I meant.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The use of referents is a human construct, as in language.
Wait wut? Dophins use clicks. Crows have special calls for individuals that appear to work like proper names. To be fair, that's not a language but it is something like a word with a referent.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Liquid salad
Possibly redundant though?

wholesomeyum-Sugar-Free-Keto-Salad-Dressing-15.jpg

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And a taco is a taco is a taco, unless you decide it means sandwich- which is stupid, because it has distinct characteristics which the things we refer to as sammiches do not. That's all I meant.
That's fair.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Ever heard of the restaurant Roly Poly Sandwiches?

https://rolypoly.com/menu-category/sandwiches/

I feel whoever started this chain it was on the premise of "fuck you, I want to watch the world burn" that said, they had some good stuff.
My god. The amount of conniptions I can see old white women throwing over this shit. I hope they franchise and grow into my area. I wanna watch the picket lines.
Fuck it, everything's a salad.
True story: Someone I grew up down the street from used to make something they called "meat salad." It was literally just different types of meat, all cooked to perfection, sliced, then tossed together with a mild BBQ sauce and some spices they would toss in on as they served it. Sometimes they'd toss the whole concoction on a baking sheet and throw it back on the grill.

Sigh. I miss my hometown sometimes.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My god. The amount of conniptions I can see old white women throwing over this shit. I hope they franchise and grow into my area. I wanna watch the picket lines.
I didn't have a Karen moment, but the first time I went there I was like wtf, these are wraps lmao

I never saw or heard of anyone Karen-ing out over it but I could see it happening.