SSO: Deep Thoughts

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I legitimately wonder if it's "better" ethically to package plastic and nuclear waste into rockets and blast them into the sun. Or what would the repurcussions be of burying nuclear waste on the moon? Are there moon quakes that would make it similarly risky to what we do here on earth?

(if anyone brings up the hollow moon conspiracy theory I will blast you into the sun)
Fuck you autocorrect, and fuck you Edit time window

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I legitimately wonder if it's "better" ethically to package plastic and nuclear waste into rockets and blast them into the sun. Or what would the repurcussions be of buffering nuclear waste on the moon? Are there moon quakes that would make it similarly risky to what we do here on earth?

(if me brings up the hollow moon conspiracy theory I will blast you into the sun)
As a kid I really connected with that scene in Superman IV where he put all the nuclear missiles in a bag and threw it into the sun.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
The whole topic made me remember (though, admittedly I'm not 100% sure it was TedEH) that a user her did used to have the tag line "Shameless contrarian" under their user name and it gave me a bit of a chuckle.

.....i mean, no there wasn't

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I legitimately wonder if it's "better" ethically to package plastic and nuclear waste into rockets and blast them into the sun. Or what would the repurcussions be of buffering nuclear waste on the moon? Are there moon quakes that would make it similarly risky to what we do here on earth?

(if me brings up the hollow moon conspiracy theory I will blast you into the sun)
I'm not a scientist, but I think the worry is on the 10% chance your rocket filled with nuclear waste blows up, the waste gets distributed across Earth and all living things die.

I mean.... I actually kinda' like those numbers. 🤔 Minimally, we should get the day off to watch. If it blows up, no work the next day either.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a scientist, but I think the worry is on the 10% chance your rocket filled with nuclear waste blows up, the waste gets distributed across Earth and all living things die.

I mean.... I actually kinda' like those numbers. 🤔 Minimally, we should get the day off to watch. If it blows up, no work the next day either.
This is the plot to my new dystopian trilogy if YA novels.

PATENT PENDING!

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Nuclear weapons were a great idea until we failed to realize that they cannot either be consolidated or proliferated as a form of power. At the time this was irrelevant since the Nazis/Axis would otherwise have used it to dominate the world. Now we trust a handful of dictators and room temperature IQ popularity contest winners with them, and really only because we don't trust any single one of them. All hail the atomic age.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nuclear weapons were a great idea until we failed to realize that they cannot either be consolidated or proliferated as a form of power. At the time this was irrelevant since the Nazis/Axis would otherwise have used it to dominate the world. Now we trust a handful of dictators and room temperature IQ popularity contest winners with them, and really only because we don't trust any single one of them. All hail the atomic age.
And at the end of the day, are we really sure that it's preferable to good, old-fashioned warfare?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
And at the end of the day, are we really sure that it's preferable to good, old-fashioned warfare?
I wouldn't say so. With traditional conflict you at least need to have the literal bodies to consent to the cause and repercussions, at least propaganda and -isms aside.

With nuclear war you just need a couple egomaniacs who feel insulted and there goes the whole game. I was being sarcastic more than anything, though these pre-apocalyptic times do have pretty damn good food.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like to play this game where I replace words that rhyme with fart in band names and song titles with fart. it's consistently very, very funny.

Fart of Glass
Thy Fart is Murder
Total Eclipse of the Fart
My Fart Will Go On
etc

now you!
I rewrote the title/chorus line of Total Eclipse of the Heart to "I Totally Piss When I Fart"

I had more of the lyrics fleshed out but don't recall it now.

Latest posts