SSO, I'm building my own pedalboard

• Thread starter kingpinMS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
sure, I could get a pedaltrain or whatever, but i won't get the satisfaction of "DUITCHERSELF!"

here's the basis of the board. I honest to god don't even remember the dimentions i used to buiild it. i just kinda started cutting wood and putting it together.

then i created the slats for the pedals to sit on. this will give me 3 rows of pedals along with an accessible underside of one of the slats. they're sitting on hinges.

after that, I gave it a coating of truck bed liner. I thought it would be a little more durable than your average spraypaint

the original idea was to give it a coat of bedliner, and spray the sides with daphne blue, but the spraycan of blue i had was clogged in an odd way and created a really near pattern. then, i gave it a little bit of purple overspray to create an interesting finish

I still have to wire these up, but it will have a total of 6 neutric jacks to drive 3 different preamps(SATAN preamp, KSR ceres, and POD HD PRO x) and all output to my randall satan.

and this is kind of what the finished product should look like. I have a decibel 11 pedal dr on the way which will help drive looping and midi controls and be the "brain" of the board, plus i made room for the KSR ceres when it's released

the final signal path will look like this:

Rack(wireless) to board, input to Pedal Dr

Pedal Dr will have loops setup for Satan preamp, KSR ceres, and pod hd pro x. i will be able to program each one individually, and still have loops leftover for "preamp" input and "loop level" inputs.

the pedal dr will output to the zuul as a master gate, then that will output to the loop in of the SATAN.

I'll post more updates as i work on it and finish it, but that's what i have setup for now.

mogar

Reaction score
Nice work. The only thing stopping me from building a pedalboard that big is my ocd would make me buy more pedals to fill it :D.

Alex79

Reaction score
DIY pedal boards are the way to go!

I made one as well out of wood and found it quite heavy. Drilling large holes for cables or making cutouts can decrease the weight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Partario

Reaction score
It’s looking great! Good on you for making it yourself. Looks like a fun project. I made a wooden one and it was way to heavy, then had a plastic one made, and that was also very heavy. Ended up with a Pedaltrain in the end.
I love how you integrated the locking jacks. Are you planning on lugging it around? If so some kind of case or canvas bag could protect those nice pedals. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Nice work. The only thing stopping me from building a pedalboard that big is my ocd would make me buy more pedals to fill it :D.

That can be tricky, though once it's full it stops you from buying more pedals :pickle:

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Very nice, love the design and personal touches to the finish.

I made my own pedalboard a while back too (copy of a holeyboard), pretty fun, and much cheaper than buying, if you have the tools and time.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
Nicely done, building versus buying has a real sense of satisfaction to it.
yes, it does.

my wife and i have been buiding a lot of furniture lately.

a couple years ago we built our own bed(I don't have a pic handy of it)

while i was building the pedalboard, we built a "guitar cabinet"

and we also built an ottoman/chest using reclaimed wood from replacing our fence.