Steinberger ZT3 with TransTrem: price drop!

• Thread starter celticelk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
For those of you who've been considering a TransTrem-equipped Steinberger: the major online retailers have dropped their price from $1599 to $999. Man, if I had the money lying around....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grimm26

Reaction score
AMS emailed this out as the weekend deal but they show it as "no longer available" so you can't even backorder one.

grimm26

Reaction score
Sam Ash is still taking orders at that price, but are out of stock as we said above. I ordered one there. We'll see what happens. Everywhere else is still $1599.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing. Easiest solution is just to have Musicians Friend price match the listing on Sam Ash.

grimm26

Reaction score
I ran into the same thing. Easiest solution is just to have Musicians Friend price match the listing on Sam Ash.

I don't think they will price match something that is out of stock. Most places won't since anyone can put up a crazy price for something that they are not delivering.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I don't think they will price match something that is out of stock. Most places won't since anyone can put up a crazy price for something that they are not delivering.

That's true. My plan is to wait until Sam Ash has them in stock and have MF match it. I'll also get a check from MF for 50% of the price difference.

grimm26

Reaction score
Good luck. I'm half assuming they'll drop the ZT3 or once they are in stock the price will jack back up.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I just talked to Sam Ash too. The price change is permanent, and they expect them to be in stock within 2-4 weeks. Plan accordingly gentlemen.

Jackrat

Reaction score
Hahaha I work in the warehouse at Sam Ash, I'll let you guys know when I see em'.

grimm26

Reaction score
FYI, the Sam Ash president's day sale promotion code works on the ZT-3 for a $100 off for a final price of $899. Just request the code from the website.

ryugkun

Lazy Bastard
Reaction score
I just called Sam Ash ad apparently these are being discontinued and going to be yanked off the website soon.

Has anyone else gotten this response from the? I was dead set on pulling the trigger the moment when they came back. :scratch: