Sticky Satin Neck

• Thread starter kylendm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried simply wiping it with a flannel cloth? I wouldn't use water or steel wool until running out of milder options. Try a dry flannel cloth first. If that doesn't work, try using a wood-safe oil, like mineral oil (lemon oil, baby oil, guitar fretboard oil), or double boiled linseed oil.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I would try Naptha to clean it off.

Personally, I would go that route third:

1. Try a dry cloth
2. Mineral oil/Double Boiled Linseed Oil/Furniture polish
3. Naphtha/mineral spirits

Because the naphtha might cloud some finished, although, I *think* the finish on the UV's neck should be okay.

Hopefully, the flannel cloth should simply wipe the sticky stuff off on its own.

My biggest concern would be "what is that sticky stuff?" The more chemicals you add to that unknown, the more unknown things can happen, you know what I mean?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
the neck on my prs gets really sticky and weird. i just use the dunlop cleaner and wipe it off with a cloth. seems to do the trick.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
My biggest concern would be "what is that sticky stuff?" The more chemicals you add to that unknown, the more unknown things can happen, you know what I mean?

The unknown is why I use a clean, lightly damp cloth.

The neck isn't raw wood. Just use a damp cloth and wipe off as much as you can. After that, take a clean part of the damp cloth and wipe along the neck in a quick, vigorous motion.

Latest posts