Stolen Instrument KxK 8 Scale

• Thread starter severussnape
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
hey dude! what do you mean by stolen in the context of the reverb listing? Was it stolen from this Marquette Studios? Or was it sold to someone who then issued a chargeback or some other form to not pay for it?

Curious since I'm in Chicago, I could see it on craigslist etc.

severussnape

Reaction score
It was stolen from my residence in Houston and somehow ended up at that store in Chicago. They then sold it and the trail has gone cold.

At some point the store communicated the details of the sale to my local pd, but they never pursued that. So now I'm hoping to generate new leads and see what pops up.

Thanks.

jco5055

Reaction score
It was stolen from my residence in Houston and somehow ended up at that store in Chicago. They then sold it and the trail has gone cold.

At some point the store communicated the details of the sale to my local pd, but they never pursued that. So now I'm hoping to generate new leads and see what pops up.

Thanks.

i'll keep a look out for it on local craigslist/facebook marketplaces etc

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I take it you've contacted Marquette Studios about it?
You might also reach out to Corey of Pyramid Guitars. He loves KxKs as well, and may have some idea.

severussnape

Reaction score
I take it you've contacted Marquette Studios about it?
You might also reach out to Corey of Pyramid Guitars. He loves KxKs as well, and may have some idea.

Thanks for the tip. Ill reach out and see if anything shakes loose.

Way back when Marquette still had the instrument I was told by the HPD investigator not to contact them and that he would handle it. After he dropped the ball I did reach out and they gave the info about the sale to a new investigator. But that was over a year ago and the guy went and lost the info that Marquette gave them. So now we're starting all over again from square 1.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Ill reach out and see if anything shakes loose.

Way back when Marquette still had the instrument I was told by the HPD investigator not to contact them and that he would handle it. After he dropped the ball I did reach out and they gave the info about the sale to a new investigator. But that was over a year ago and the guy went and lost the info that Marquette gave them. So now we're starting all over again from square 1.
Jesus Crist. Well, at this point I think it’s safe to say the cops don’t give a shit.

Mmartell1205

Reaction score
I had bought this guitar from Marquette studios on reverb a couple of years ago. I returned it because the truss rod was stripped. Exchanged and paid the difference for the redwood burl one he had at the time. I got a voicemail from the Houston PD this week and called them back to let them know as much.

severussnape

Reaction score
I had bought this guitar from Marquette studios on reverb a couple of years ago. I returned it because the truss rod was stripped. Exchanged and paid the difference for the redwood burl one he had at the time. I got a voicemail from the Houston PD this week and called them back to let them know as much.

Hey! Thanks for the heads up. The investigator said he had gotten in touch with someone earlier in the week but didn't give any details (which I didn't expect him to for legal reasons). I'll call him on Monday and see where he's at with that info.

severussnape

Reaction score
Quick Udate: I got an email today from the investigator saying he had contacted Marquette Studios about the guitar being traded in. I guess that jogged some memories loose. The seller said he had resold the guitar since that time and gave the new contact information over. So now we're waiting to see if he succeeds in making contact with this person.

severussnape

Reaction score
Latest news, although it's a couple of weeks old at this point (sorry, I live in Texas and this last month has been wild):

Current owner finally got back with the investigator and confirmed he still has the guitar. Supposedly he was going to turn it in to their local PD and then we would have to wait and see what happens. But that was before we did a live action remake of Day After Tomorrow.

I've been trying to get a hold of the investigator for a week now, but its been difficult. I'm trying to be positive about it. Aftermath of a natural disaster and all. I'll update again if anything changes.

severussnape

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to post an update. This is going to be the last one.

I spent most of the week after my last post trying to get in touch with the investigator, but it was total radio silence on their end. Finally, on the next Friday, the investigator called me back and said he had spoken with the property division and that they had received the guitar. He faxed the property release forms over that day and Sunday I was able to go pick it up.

Thanks to everyone on here for any help pointing me in the right direction, or just offering words of encouragement.

Here's some pics I took at the police station inspecting the guitar before heading home to play it for the first time in 4 years.Screenshot_20210422-125552_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210422-125600_Gallery.jpg

I might to an "NGD" type post later on since I never did one in 2013, and it's been so long that it's practically a new guitar to me. I hadn't played any 8 string guitars (or electric, for that matter) since 2016 because of the burglary.

That's the end of this tale. I wish I could get back all of the guitars that were stolen that day, but I'll be happy with the two I've gotten back.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yooo talk about a success! Congrats :) I was really hoping you'd find it. Glad you did! Happy NGD... again!

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Talk about awesome news, unfortunately I don't see very many of these threads pan out in this direction.
Hats off to the PD for actually doing something, cheers to everyone involved actually getting it back where it belongs; I know a lot of times there's a very pervasive "not a whole lot we can do" kind of attitude with these.

Super happy for you OP.