Strandberg / Astral EXR Systems / Announcement!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blanco

Reaction score
I'm loving the emerald green but i wonder if in reality its quite dark like the others are finding out with the space finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Eh, have to be careful not to confuse upping their photography game with upping their wood sourcing game. But this all seems like good news.

Fair enough, at least these few have good tops. Hopefully it picks up.

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
I'm loving the emerald green but i wonder if in reality its quite dark like the others are finding out with the space finish.

I got some pics from Ola before they put strings on it and it appears just as bright if not more, almost glowing.
I'm waiting for the final invoice and will provide more pics once it gets here :)

bsshiver

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my first post!

I just wanted to show you a quick photo of my new Boden 7 (my first 7 string) that I got a few weeks ago. I have to say, the guitar is immaculate, and everything I hoped it would be! I got it natural, and wanted to show you guys what the figuring looked like. I'll be doing an NGD post sometime soon.

Thanks!

Brian~

15488549469_d0789d98ba_z.jpg

bsshiver

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's got a bit of a flame to quilt thing going on which I really like.

I'm anxious to see how some of the other more recent guitars turn out now that the Washburn Custom Shop is doing the finishing touches on these. The pictures above are pretty amazing, but seeing them in the hands of players will let us know if they've gotten all of the finish issues sorted out.

B~

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Iiiiinteresting development.... solid finishes from the Washburn series:

10697391_853671974677247_2031904018220532931_o.jpg

I guess this is Aaron from Intervals new guitar. I was talking with him last night about mine and going through the e-mail that was sent out with these pictures and trying to show him the Emerald Green color and he saw the above one and said that is his exact guitar. Getting it delivered in person from Strandberg tonight at Chicago.
He went with a solid gloss finish because the satin/matte finish on the others has a tendency to wear down/off pretty fast. That's a little disappointing to hear :/

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I guess this is Aaron from Intervals new guitar. I was talking with him last night about mine and going through the e-mail that was sent out with these pictures and trying to show him the Emerald Green color and he saw the above one and said that is his exact guitar. Getting it delivered in person from Strandberg tonight at Chicago.
He went with a solid gloss finish because the satin/matte finish on the others has a tendency to wear down/off pretty fast. That's a little disappointing to hear :/

The old oil finishes had a tendency to make any finishes applied sort of wear off to it's natural color wherever you'd touch it the most. The most the new matte/satin guitars do is gloss up, but that's what all guitars in those finishes do.

I haven't even had a gloss up problem on any of mine, I just make sure to wipe everything properly with a microfiber cloth before and after.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score

well it came yesterday. feels like a brand new guitar. i even think they refinished the neck because it was super dirty when i sent it.

tylerisdumb

Reaction score
Got my Boden. Quick question for you fellow owners-do your strings move a bit in the nut slots?

When I bend or add vibrato to notes I can feel the string shift and hear it click a bit-normal?

Did you guys receive allen wrenches with your guitar?

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my first post!

I just wanted to show you a quick photo of my new Boden 7 (my first 7 string) that I got a few weeks ago. I have to say, the guitar is immaculate, and everything I hoped it would be! I got it natural, and wanted to show you guys what the figuring looked like. I'll be doing an NGD post sometime soon.

Thanks!

Brian~

15488549469_d0789d98ba_z.jpg
We need to jam, my dude! I'm near Raleigh, NC and it's always awesome to meet a fellow North Carolinian.

Overtone

Reaction score
Got my Boden. Quick question for you fellow owners-do your strings move a bit in the nut slots?

When I bend or add vibrato to notes I can feel the string shift and hear it click a bit-normal?

I have a Carvin HH2 with a zero fret. With newer strings, if I'm bending on one of the lower frets I do get kind of a click/ping and the string might detune slightly. But this seems to go away after the strings are broken in properly.

SevenStringJones

Oh Billy
Reaction score

It's the bridges. Mine does the same thing on the higher strings, especially when bending on the higher frets.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I actually had that happen to my higher strings when I bent the strings. I completely removed the string height piece and stuck a small piece of foam inbetween the spring then reinserted it so it doesn't move around. Holds it down more and doesn't result in it moving due to playing.

tylerisdumb

Reaction score
It's the bridges. Mine does the same thing on the higher strings, especially when bending on the higher frets.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah it had the click on the high string sddle too and the ground spring helped that but the nut slots allow the strings to click about there too. I can watch the string slip in the slot and over the zero fret.

These occurrences, a ground issue, and a couple small dings on the end of my fretboard have made this new guitar day frustrating.

tylerisdumb

Reaction score
I have a Carvin HH2 with a zero fret. With newer strings, if I'm bending on one of the lower frets I do get kind of a click/ping and the string might detune slightly. But this seems to go away after the strings are broken in properly.

That's great info. I was wondering if this happening is an inherent quality of the zero fret system. I'll fiddle with it a bit more.

DakiEnt

Reaction score
I've owned a couple strandbergs, never encountered the string click issue. Wonder what the fix is. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.