Strat Pickups for Bass VI

• Thread starter TheEmptyCell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheEmptyCell

Dingwall Player
Reaction score
I’ve got a Harley Benton Guitarbass incoming, which is a Bass VI style clone tuned one octave down from a guitar E-E.

What pickups would you recommend for a versatile setup that will capture bass guitar like thump when using the neck and/or middle and more of a baritone guitar quality with a bit of twang or spank?

Noiseless in all positions would be great but not necessary.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not try it first then decide if it needs the swap?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite Bass VI pickups are SD Quarter Pounder singles. They're not noiseless, but they have the crisp attack and response that makes the low strings sing. They can sound very percussive too. Maybe try them just in the neck/middle?

TheEmptyCell

Dingwall Player
Reaction score
My favorite Bass VI pickups are SD Quarter Pounder singles. They're not noiseless, but they have the crisp attack and response that makes the low strings sing. They can sound very percussive too. Maybe try them just in the neck/middle?
Crisp and percussive sounds good to me. Anything you’d recommend to our with them at the bridge? Maybe a Hot Rails style?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Where did I ever mention that I hadn’t tried one before? You know what they say about assuming...

You dont even have it yet :lol: so how are you certain they need the swap?

If you need noiseless, what about the EMG DG set?

akinari

Reaction score
Crisp and percussive sounds good to me. Anything you’d recommend to our with them at the bridge? Maybe a Hot Rails style?

If you want twang and spank, stay the hell away from the Hot Rails because it's more like a grinding apocalyptic lawnmower. A Lace Sensor Purple or Dimarzio Chopper would get you there for sure.

Latest posts