Stunning strandberg #19 on ebay

• Thread starter teamSKDM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Wow. So what the heck do these things actually cost? As an owner of many expensive customs you'd think I wouldn't be asking the question, but what's so magical about these that they're worth over $7000?

Zealously crafted, insane attention to every detail etc, you know the deal with hi-end customs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
He said in the question section that it's made by S7.

EDIT: I was mistakenly referring to the link in the second or third post above, not the OP.

Last edited:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I heard this was coming up for sale, made me laugh the owner decided eBay was the way to go haha.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Some people'll shell out a lot to beat wait times.

Not surprised the production went over base price as well, 4 months to someone who can just throw another 200~300 bucks at the screen without much hassle isn't much.

Think of it like the Carvin $100 rush build.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Ah, Joe's ex-guitar. That's a STUNNING example in person. They also cost a fair bit more than 5K if you go crazy with woods and whatnot.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Fact check another Strandberg eBay ad?

Despite being #19, it's not one of the first 20 made. The wait list is less than 300 people long at the last update. Production numbers are a bit over 10, and this year should be a lot higher, and continue to rise. And wait time is not 1.5 years to be built, as I will demonstrate when my guitar is finished very shortly.

Hyperbole sells guitars, I guess.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Hyperbole sells guitars, I guess.

Generally, I suppose that's correct, but given that 99% of his target market is aware of the falsity of his advertising....

Flippers can rot in hell.

I think this is Leonardo7/Alain, and while the price is bull shit, he's not one of the more typical flippers....simply trying to capitalize on their BS eBay sales techniques.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Generally, I suppose that's correct, but given that 99% of his target market is aware of the falsity of his advertising....

I think this is Leonardo7/Alain, and while the price is bull shit, he's not one of the more typical flippers....simply trying to capitalize on their BS eBay sales techniques.

This one is not me. I dont currently own this guitar. Mine was the boden 7 that just sold yesterday. I got $2400 for it and the buyer is fully aware of its value, wood issues, and that it was made by S7G. Im not a flipper by any means. If you notice, Im the original owner of most of the guitars I sell, and I tend to always lose a little when I sell em. Ive bought stuff new at full price to try out, then when I need cash I might sell at a small loss. Its just an investment in knowledge for me. I love trying out different stuff. :yesway:

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how many of the watchers on that auctions are just from our members going to take a curious look after reading this?

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Lmao. .... these people. Its one thing if Ola sold these for that price and another thing that people are buying them and gaining that much in profit. Its absolutely reprehensible.

Edit:

This guitar is only a couple of years old and is in mint condition. It has been babied and stored in its case at all times in a climate controlled, smoke free environment.

Plus You should not put comic sans in a $17,000 auction. (Hate to be that guy but COME ON!) :p

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
This one is not me. I dont currently own this guitar. Mine was the boden 7 that just sold yesterday. I got $2400 for it and the buyer is fully aware of its value, wood issues, and that it was made by S7G. Im not a flipper by any means. If you notice, Im the original owner of most of the guitars I sell, and I tend to always lose a little when I sell em. Ive bought stuff new at full price to try out, then when I need cash I might sell at a small loss. Its just an investment in knowledge for me. I love trying out different stuff. :yesway:

A) Apologies; I'd thought that was your handle on eBay for some reason, let alone something sparked my memory when I looked at recently closed sales.

B) Fair enough; which is why I stated that, regardless of this one not ACTUALLY being yours, you definitely aren't a flipper ala others.