Substructures?

• Thread starter jkguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I am not shitting you right now. I might sound like i'm kissing the band's ass a bit, but I downloaded the EP and this is seriously the best shit. I'm only halfway through the 3rd song and i've already shat 6 times. This is my new favorite band :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Looks like these guys are doing a tour with Volumes, Aristeia, and Lifeforms.

well besides the fact that the dont have a keyboardist or a drummer

and aristeia also does not have a drummer.

codync

Reaction score
That tour isn't confirmed yet. I listened to this for the first time yesterday, SUPER baked, and it was great. Listened to it this morning, sober, and it was pretty good. Cool stuff, sounds a lot like The Contortionist, just not as good. I think I do like their spin on the sound more than The Contortionist's, however.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
My friend showed me these guys the other day. Been obsessed with the EP since. Only problem is that it's too short!

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I wholly approve of this band. Almost ticks all the boxes for me. So good the EP isn't enough. Glad I checked Heavy Blog for bands I might have glazed over here.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
^HOLY SHIT. BEST.

i.... i just peed. or something... i don't know. WHAT DO I DO???

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i agree with the AAL comparisons, but i think the application of the "riff" that's in both songs really make the difference. AAL did it with a guitar (afaik) and it was integrated into that part of the song as a riff. substructure seem to be doing it with synth or something and just using it as a backdrop for that part of the song, while the guitar riffing is the focal point.

i think it's just an unfortunate similarity. they've always had those electronic beat machine type things integrated with their songs though, so it doesn't seem like they're way off base or ripping other music off. i REALLY hope they deliver a solid album that's all on the same level as this song. that's how i felt like their first one was- i can't NOT jam it from start to finish all in one go.

anomynous

Reaction score
i agree with the AAL comparisons, but i think the application of the "riff" that's in both songs really make the difference. AAL did it with a guitar (afaik) and it was integrated into that part of the song as a riff. substructure seem to be doing it with synth or something and just using it as a backdrop for that part of the song, while the guitar riffing is the focal point.

i think it's just an unfortunate similarity. they've always had those electronic beat machine type things integrated with their songs though, so it doesn't seem like they're way off base or ripping other music off. i REALLY hope they deliver a solid album that's all on the same level as this song. that's how i felt like their first one was- i can't NOT jam it from start to finish all in one go.

Well as far as that goes

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - Substructure

The thread on UG sums it up pretty well.

anomynous

Reaction score
I have it on pretty good word that Substructure is either:

a) Without a vocalist now

or

b) They have a new one, and that's him on the song