Suggested pickup height for Dimarzio Fusion edge 7 in Ibanez IXL7 ?

Filter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know pickup height can be a preference thing but I was wondering if there is a suggested height for these pups? I’m getting quite a bit or noise/crackling through the speakers from them.

Or I’d anyone has these or done tech work on these what are you setting them at?

Cheers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oodlesonoodles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey there, so I think it just takes some messing around with heights to find the sweet spot for you. On my guitars with fusion edge I find the closer to the strings the more I like them. Hard to give a recommendation without knowing the set up of yours but I recommend just moving them closer and seeing how you like it!

Filter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey thanks for that. Just for comparison/ reference can you tell me what measurement you have them set to?

I’m measuring to the bottom of the string by holding the low string down at the last fret. Same on the treble side with the high string.

Filter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey there, so I think it just takes some messing around with heights to find the sweet spot for you. On my guitars with fusion edge I find the closer to the strings the more I like them. Hard to give a recommendation without knowing the set up of yours but I recommend just moving them closer and seeing how you like it!
Hey thanks for that. Just for comparison/ reference can you tell me what measurement you have them set to?

I’m measuring to the bottom of the string by holding the low string down at the last fret. Same on the treble side with the high string.

oodlesonoodles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Definitely, I'll follow up with the measurement when I get home since I don't know off the top of my head other than "closer to the strings" lol

Gtan7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm putting pickups into fretless bass next week, i go thru same process

- change strings and make sure nothing needs to be adjusted, nut slots, trussrod, bolt neck joint, bridge etc
- plug guitar straight into mixer or interface and listen to the pickup as you move treble side up/down with bass side at "average height" and then do same with treble side hgt fixed.

Latest posts