Suicide silence will live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmancastillo

EmmanCastillo
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of these guys almost since I started playing drop A songs ( a long time ago)
I know that I´m a little late to bring this up but I kept asking to myself what will happen to Suicide silence after Mitch’s dead?
Will they find a better front man? (Which I highly doubt), will they search for a similar guy? Or will they change they style?

Yes, I really do care, no, I´m not a fan boy; I just had such respect for them and their music.

I want to know what you guys think about this and what will you like to happen.

I have already read some of the stuff you guys posted some interviews and some speculations and came to a few conclusions and hopes:

-I really hope Suicide Silence will keep making the unique kind of heavy music we are used to but also improve as musicians, using more than only the low B and really making some progressions and get involved with new kinds of textures and mixing in their tone, making the guitars more technical and not leaving everything to the vocalist will surely get them the status they deserve on metal.

-After a lot of research and closely listening to each and every one of these guys (some of them can scream like a Viking would do) some of them can get to the high or low registers in their pitch, even some of them can get the whole pitch and even sing (which I would rather avoid with the SS approach but would be quite interesting to listen to)

-I can say they will make the whole SS concept a bit more interesting with their own unique styles. I’m pretty sure it will be hard to fill Lucker’s shoes but the guy’s right here will compliment SS very nicely, here is my list:

· -Phil Bozeman – Whitechappel. ( I think this is my personal fav)

· -George Corpsegrinder Fisher - Cannibal Corpse ( it will get so brutal with this guy)
· -Ronnie Canizaro - Born of Osiris
· -Randy Blythe - Lamb of God ( imagine the whole new range with his vocals)
· -Jonny Davy - Job For a Cowboy
· -Varjoherra – Azaghal ( can’t even imagine how awesome it would sound)
· -Scott Lewis – Carnifex
· -Rings of saturn- Ian Bearer ( another great contender)

Feel free to add some other guys to the list and what would you like to happen, remember this is a “Wish list” so it really doesn’t matter at all, it’s just for the sake of NOT LETTING A GOOD BAND DIE IN THE REMAINIGS OF ITS PAST.

Cheers.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I think they'll get a singer in the same vein of Mitch. Maybe Rings Of Saturn's old singer? (I think they changed vocalists from Embryonic Anomaly, right?)

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I honestly think the members of suicide silence will form another band. Kind of like damage plan and pantera, type issue. Maybe the band members will leave performing to do producing, or other non performing music fields.

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I don't believe the band will be able to carry on without Mitch, considering Suicide Silence was basically Mitch Lucker. But I will encourage them in whatever they wish to do as musicians. I wouldn't mind something fresh and new.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
they should just get the singer from Chelsea grin, that guy practically is mitch..tries to be him in every facet.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Maybe they'd make an instrumental album in memories of Mitch!

As tragic as his death and the circumstances around it are, that would just be a bit silly, wouldn't it?
Besides, he was just a vocalist. Vocalists of that style are the definition of "easily replaced".

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
As tragic as his death and the circumstances around it are, that would just be a bit silly, wouldn't it?
Besides, he was just a vocalist. Vocalists of that style are the definition of "easily replaced".
Being a vocalist, reading that post was a dose of sad, sad reality. :(

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
While that is true to many bands of the same genre, i don't think it's the case for Suicide Silence. Mitch had a more distinct voice, a great stage presence, and a lot of the fan base loved Mitch. It would be wrong to replace him with someone else. Like Whitechapel wouldn't be the same without Phil Bozeman, or Job for a Cowboy without Johhny Davy. They are all too unique and too big of a part of their bands image for it to be the same afterwards.

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
Hopefully they will find someone that could fill Mitch's big shoes, would be a shame if they quit.. their latest album is soo gooooood!

Time will tell! :)

Edit: But, it won't be the same without Mitch..

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Its a total bummer that the guy died. I dont like to see anyone have something tragic like that happen to them. But lets be honest. Suicide silence suck. HARD. I'm hoping its over so i dont have to hear that crap ever again.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
By saying "let's be honest", are you implying that everyone who is a fan that has posted in here should just go "Yep, you're right. They suck. Never mind."? And I'm sorry that since they existed, you had to listen to them.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Its a total bummer that the guy died. I dont like to see anyone have something tragic like that happen to them. But lets be honest. Suicide silence suck. HARD. I'm hoping its over so i dont have to hear that crap ever again.
That's like, totally awesome man. Because your opinion of them dictates that they suck, they must. I mean let's be honest, everyone agree's with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.