Sweep Picking Guide - Do YOU want it?

• Thread starter 80H
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Literally getting called a djent hipster, Californ
It's on its way, I promise. Way past my self-set deadline, but I also am at war with my habitual laziness and have to do non-guitar things to make money (which sucks, I need to change that).

Going to try and keep it minimalistic without missing anything. It's so much harder to write a great explanation in 30 words than it is to write an ok explanation in 300, but I think it's more valuable in the long run to have small clips of wisdom than a brain full of words :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ror

Reaction score
A question that has nothing to do with actually sweeping: how is this guide going to be formatted? Will it mostly be text, or diagrams with an explanation, or what?

80H

Banned
Reaction score
A question that has nothing to do with actually sweeping: how is this guide going to be formatted? Will it mostly be text, or diagrams with an explanation, or what?

Foundations (general guidelines), Integration (application and technical expansion) and links to a few helpful resources. I'll be using my rusty photoshop skills to throw a few things together too but it's been real busy around these parts lately

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Update: I'm late as hell, sorry! WILL BE COMPLETED WITHIN THE NEXT 72 HOURS! I'm putting the finishing touches on and I would like to do an editing pass again before I post it. I have most of the night to work with, but it is the fourth, so I might get whisked away at any time. I'll have most of tomorrow morning and early afternoon to myself though.

necronile

Reaction score
Update: I'm late as hell, sorry! WILL BE COMPLETED WITHIN THE NEXT 72 HOURS! I'm putting the finishing touches on and I would like to do an editing pass again before I post it. I have most of the night to work with, but it is the fourth, so I might get whisked away at any time. I'll have most of tomorrow morning and early afternoon to myself though.

I dont know if you said it already,but I wanted to ask
if you gonna upload it here and it will be in the sticky or you will do a PDF ?

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this man its the one technique I could never quite get down after 10
years of playing I'm sad to say....

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Awesome! I just now looked in this thread, because I figured my sweeping was fine, then I realized I don't even know what inside picking and rolling is! Maybe I'm doing them already, I have no idea, but I'm definitely looking forward to the guide.

80H

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome! I just now looked in this thread, because I figured my sweeping was fine, then I realized I don't even know what inside picking and rolling is! Maybe I'm doing them already, I have no idea, but I'm definitely looking forward to the guide.

Haha, neither of these have anything to do with sweep picking other than the fact that they are very useful in certain situations as a complement to sweep picking. I don't think anyone makes a career out of playing nothing but unbroken sweeps (that would be pretty intense though), so there's always gonna be something to learn.

I've gotta leave home for a few hours to help out one of my very close friends, so I'll either be able to post the completed version up around 2 to 4 A.M. (pacific) when I get back or at the crack of dawn tomorrow as I kind of got carried away with editing and revising and still need to make some minor adjustments before I'm completely satisfied with it. Either way it's coming up real soon, my apologies for the extra delay.

Perfectionism is a bitch

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
This should be fantastic, can't wait!

80H, have you got any vids of you playing on Youtube, you seriously must be a Petrucci/Waggoner-level player with chops like that, it would be epic to see you in action, especially after becoming a theory wizard, seeing it all in action would be pretty awe-inspiring :hbang:

80H

Banned
Reaction score
This should be fantastic, can't wait!

80H, have you got any vids of you playing on Youtube, you seriously must be a Petrucci/Waggoner-level player with chops like that, it would be epic to see you in action, especially after becoming a theory wizard, seeing it all in action would be pretty awe-inspiring :hbang:

Youtube vids will be there eventually :) I'm stuck working my ass off for the sake of rent/food/gas/bills for the time being now though, but not for long if I can do anything about it. I appreciate the **** out of the support man, thank you. Helps remind me what all this work is for in the first place.

Hang tight everybody. Didn't know it was going to be delayed this long. A combination of overload with slave job work and a poorly timed CTRL+X set me back a ways and there's still a little bit of post editing and refinement to go. I want to say for certain that it will be up tomorrow evening but my mouth is already full of foot so I'm just going to keep doing the best I can and see where that leads me.